nixon
MRBS Prob
  • 2003/10/4 2:55

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

Have installed the MRBS (meeting room booking service). Everything seems fine, group permissions etc. Can not seem to add a room for booking. Anyone else suffered the same prob.

Chainsaw
Re: MRBS Prob
  • 2003/11/12 22:33

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Yeah I have the same problem.

I have a live MRBS database running on another webserver. So I was plesantly surprised (and delighted) to see MRBS as a XOOPS module.

So I installed MRBS into XOOPS as a module, same like you, everything looks ok but I cannot add a room.

imran
  • 2003/11/27 1:35

• imran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

Hi ya,
Did any of uusss figure out what was the problem.

I can't seem to get around it, MRBS runs perfectly as stand alone but after integrating it with XOOPS it doesnt seem to operate.
I cant add areas etc.... may be its the user name and the allowable Ip addresses.. hmm.

Please let me ko if u guys have fixed this.

Cheers.

imran
  • 2003/12/4 1:56

• imran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

phflupp
  • 2003/12/8 14:38

• phflupp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

Anyone figured out the correct entries for MRBS module config.inc running under Xoops? The documentation is a bit weak in that it does not specifically show an XOOPS module sample.

Running a 'tail -f' on MySQL log & error files is not showing me any errors, but the XOOPS admin user cannot add an area... even if the XOOPS_DB_PREFIX is hard-coded as "xoops" as per earlier posting.

I would love to hear from anyone who is able to run MRBS under Xoops... perhaps they could share their config.inc settings.

Thx.
-P.

ackbarr

I had never loaded up this module before, but to try and see what the problem was I loaded up the module today. My system is 2.0.5.1 (the latest stable release) and I did the following:

1. Uploaded files into /modules/ folder
2. Went to System -> Modules and installed the module
3. Clicked on the module icon in the admin menu
4. Added an area
5. Added a room within that area.

All the above worked fine without changing any of the included config files. My only recommendation to you is to try turning on php debug mode and try adding an area / room again. Perhaps an error is raised that will shed some light on the problem.

phflupp
  • 2003/12/10 16:43

• phflupp

• Just popping in

Thanks for the input...

As this test was done with an original config.inc then the IP authentication was used. That's not the way I would want to go (remote administration is preferable), but I can't even get it to work with an untouched config.inc and using a browser on the local host.

I've now set and studied the XOOPS internal debugging options for PHP and MySQL, but also run the module with MySQL debugging on.

Nothing obvious (to me), but since it works for some sites I suspect that the problem is some assumptions made within the MRBS module about the XOOPS and/or http server configurations... locations of files, file ownerships, or file permissions.

Since I get the admin page I know the permissions are ok and the module's PHP is running, so it must be file locations or mis-read variables from the XOOPS environment.

Not being a PHP/MySQL developer this is slow going for me but I will post any useful results for others who encounter this problem.

BTW... does the XOOPS Team evaluate submitted modules in any way before accepting their submission here? Just curious as to how much Q&A gets done.

-P.

Mithrandir

Quote:

phflupp wrote:
BTW... does the XOOPS Team evaluate submitted modules in any way before accepting their submission here? Just curious as to how much Q&A gets done.

-P.

Not yet - but:
Lookie here

phflupp
  • 2003/12/11 17:32

• phflupp

• Just popping in

For the record...

A fresh install of current XOOPS (with a new database) under Apache 2 with the original mrbs config.inc, all the default locations, and recommended file permissions still does not work:

- The mrbs admin page comes up with the form to add an area
- An area name is entered, the Add Area button hit...
- The page refreshes, but no area displayed

To check, you log out, you log in... no area displayed anywhere in mrbs. No errors with PHP or MySQL debuggers on.

Thanks for coming out!

phflupp
Re: MRBS Prob - SOLUTION
  • 2003/12/16 18:09

• phflupp

• Just popping in

The issue was:

Could not add an area via the MRBS Admin page.

The (workaround) solution is:

Turn on "register_globals" in your php.ini file.

The long-term solution is to bring the code up to PHP 4 standards.

Explanation:
Seehttp://ca.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.oldcode.php for details.

-phflupp

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits