Jaaay
Xoops 2.03 and Gentoo 1.4
  • 2003/8/22 16:07

• Jaaay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/9 4

I have installed gentoo and everything seems to be working fine except xoops. After I install XOOPS and go to my page the blocks don't work (ie, menus, polls, etc....), however if I post a story it will appear.. I have to actually type website.com/user.php to login it because the login block won't appear either on the main page.

When I enter into the administration (website.com/admin.php because there is no link or block on the mainpage like there should be) area and try to look at the blocks none of them are there. Does anyone know what the problem could be. PHP and MySQL are installed with apache2. I know they are working because I tried installing phpnuke and it worked just fine.... Any suggestion on what the problem could be or how to fix it.

anggarda
Re: Xoops 2.03 and Gentoo 1.4
  • 2003/12/16 6:23

• anggarda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/19

With reference to the following URL.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13671&forum=7#forumpost54855

As seen both of us are experiencing the same problem. I was wondering if you had yours solve? If so, what did you do?

I've been at this for days, and I haven't got the slightest of ideas.

Help from other gentoo user's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking all XOOPS users in advance.

Regards.

anggarda
Re: Xoops 2.03 and Gentoo 1.4
  • 2003/12/27 14:30

• anggarda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/19

Good Day, XOOPS the Community.

Guys, I've turned on the debugging for mysql/blocks and I actually received this error message in a pop up box.

SELECT b.* FROM anggarda_newblocks b, anggarda_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=1 AND b.visible=1 AND m.module_id IN (0,-1) AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
Error number: 1
Error message: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_1009_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

I'll appreciate it gladly if someone could tell me what is wrong and therefore remedy the problem.

UPDATE:

I've since updated and isolated the problem. It would seem that "perror 13" returns "right permissions".

I check and it would seem that the user that started the MySQL server doesn't have rights to write to the tmpdir that was designated in my.cnf

I've since changed the permission and everything is in order.

I hope that the above information will help someone.

Regards.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits