brash
Mantis Bug Tracker Problem
  • 2003/8/20 2:25

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

Downloaded and installed the Mantis Bug Tracker last night after making the mods suggested in the comments attached to the download. Installed without a hitch, but now I get an error when I goto access it;

Notice: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_ROOT_PATH - assumed 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH' in C:\Xoops\test01\modules\mantis\core\module_api.php on line 500

Line 500 of module_api.php reads;

if (!defined(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)) {

My Server Details

W2K Server
IIS 5
MySQL 4.0.13b
PHP 4.3.2
Xoops 2.0.3
theme = phpkaox

Things I've tried

Well not much as I suck at PHP. I've tried setting register globals to off, and making the inclusion of <{$xoops_module_header}> to the phpkaox theme.html as documented in the readme_xoops.

Any ideas?

brash
Re: Mantis Bug Tracker Problem
  • 2003/8/20 2:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Changed XOOPS_ROOT_PATH in mainfile.php from

c:/xoops/path

to

c:\xoops\path

Still no difference.

mvandam
  • 2003/8/20 6:00

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Quote:

Notice: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_ROOT_PATH - assumed 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH' in C:\Xoops\test01\modules\mantis\core\module_api.php on line 500

This is just a notice, which you can ignore. Or are there actual problems with the functioning of the module?

BTW, I'm not sure why it would show the notice, because that line (if !define(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)) is checking to see *if* it is defined. Strange.

brash
  • 2003/8/20 9:00

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

I wish I could ignore it, but the above mentioned notice is the only thing displayed on screen when I goto access Mantis, so I can't go any further.

I'm going to try installing it on my second beta site which has had very little maniplating and see what results I get there.

brash
  • 2003/8/20 10:57

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Weird, I have little to no understanding of PHP, but if I remove the if (!defined(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)) portion from the from the section quoted above, it all works.

mvandam
  • 2003/8/20 23:07

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

Now that I look at this again, I realize there was an error. XOOPS_ROOT_PATH should have quotes (single or double) around it in that line. This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for finding this and sorry for the trouble it caused. I guess my version of php (4.1.2) makes the correct assumption and keeps running.

brash
  • 2003/8/21 0:09

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

You're absolutely correct! I enclosed the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH in quotes and it's running without a hitch now. Thanks for your help

aivengo
  • 2004/1/20 8:53

• aivengo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/20

ALL
Hi ALL!
Apologize for its english... =) I have installed Mantis and all ok. But the problem is, Mantis worked beside me MUCH long and beside I was accumulated MUCH information which it is impossible lose.
Little having worked hand, I carry all, but.... I at all can not carry the old users Mants in XOOPS 2. That is to say in table 'xoops_mantis_user_table' users there is, but in table 'xoops_users' these users no.
Poskazhite please, what carry the users from 'xoops_mantis_user_table' (I their there handle prescribed) in 'xoops_users'.

mvandam
  • 2004/1/20 19:46

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

aivengo:

The Mantis module currently only works the other way... XOOPS users accounts will be copied to mantis, but mantis accounts will not be copied to xoops.

However, they are not incompatible. If you give each user an XOOPS account (with same user name as in the mantis table), the accounts will automatically be synchronized.

If you have a lot of users, you could write a script to copy mantis user information into the XOOPS user table - as far as I know such a script does not already exist.

aivengo
  • 2004/1/21 10:22

• aivengo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/20

mvandam
Hi. I have understood that such violin else no. Shall Sit to write itself... =) If shall write - shall write on forum.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits