chippyash
Re: [XoopsProject] proposal - XOOPS End Users Team
  • 2007/6/23 9:13

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Bluestocking

No problems my friend. Thanks for adding both names to your signature.

A

vaughan
  • 2007/6/23 10:48

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

i'm still unsure exactly why an end-user team is necessary?

can someone explain the point of this team and what it's function actually is?

giba
  • 2007/6/23 11:34

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Its reply it says everything. It is exactly for that the existence of the voice of the final user would be necessary.

What for you can be of great importance, for a final user can not be. What you disdain in a necessity, you can be of bigger importance for a final user.

It is always good for remembering, programmers, documentors, involved support would be 2% of this process, but 98% would be using ends. The problem is that without these 2% also we will not go to have final users.

Here it is really a great impasse.

Now I have a great doubt of as this place of the final user would have to be made. Not yet I have a formed idea 100%.

This is only my opinion and using as base the experience in the participation of users, devs, documentors in our place of support.

The biggest success of the XOOPS Brasil always was to stimulate the participation of the final user so that in the future it is a collaborator to the project, either in support, dev, theme, etc…

[pt_br]
A sua resposta diz tudo. ? justamente por isto que seria necessário a existência da voz do usuário final.

O que para você pode ser de grande import?ncia, para um usuário final pode n?o ser. O que você despreza em uma necessidade, pode ser de maior import?ncia para um usuário final.

? sempre bom lembrar, programadores, documentadores, suporte envolvido seriam 2% deste processo, mas 98% seriam usuários finais. O problema é que sem estes 2% também n?o iremos ter usuários finais.

Aqui é realmente um grande impasse.

Agora eu tenho uma grande dúvida de como deveria ser feito este local do usuário final. Ainda n?o tenho uma idéia 100% formada.

Esta é apenas a minha opini?o e utilizando como base a experiência nas participa??es de usuários, devs, documentadores em nosso local de suporte.

O maior sucesso do XOOPS Brasil sempre foi incentivar a participa??o do usuário final para que no futuro ele seja um colaborador ao projeto, seja em suporte, dev, theme, etc...

[/pt_br]

Sorry my poor english, translated by google.

web-M
  • 2007/6/23 11:39

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Well I think that wanting to start an end-user team, in the light of the recent past (where nobody seemd to listen) is the wish of many XOOPSusers that they are being listened to when they have ideas and feelings. I think the community is the an important group for the succes of XOOPS. So IMHO the voice of the community has to be respected.

As I mentioned above the light of the past makes it understandeble for me that some wanting a team next to all the other teams (for me, the nummer of team doesn't make it more understandeble ). I think and more, I hope that another team is not nescesary. Why? I hope that the recent history has made it clear that the community has to be heard!
There is never been more importance to good and clear communication then there is at this moment.

To the counsel and all the teams that have been raised the past few weeks I want to ask the following:

1. Give one and clear report of the point where XOOPS stands now. I don't need names, just what is being done and why.
2. Following that give one and clear vision what stil has to be done and why.
3. Use both reports to reflect to the community that you all have heard the concerns of the people who love XOOPS.

And well, maybe a litle place in the forums here (in the memberlounche or wherever) will help the community to get new believe in de way XOOPS will, can and shall grow. They all just want to help.

giba
  • 2007/6/23 11:43

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Exelent web-M, your resume is my pensament too

Let?s go a new generation.

vaughan
  • 2007/6/23 12:03

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

so in essence all 40,000+ members are in the end user group?

why do they need a spokesperson? can't they just use the forum to voice their concerns if any.

if they want to collaborate on useful features, they do not need a team to discuss that with the devs.. they simply use the feature request tracker on sourceforge, if they want to talk about developments, then they discuss on sourceforge.

why as an end-user do i need another end-user to speak for me or represent myself when i can do that myself, why as an end-user do i need to join an end-user team in order to make myself heard??

isn't that the job of the comms team, news team, moderators, community coordinations teams etc? to represent the community itself?, to lower those previously unobtainable barriers that stood between the end-user & the developers in order to actually communicate and get the information out of the devs for [/b]you[/b].

They aren't representing the core devs, the teams are representing you the end-user, so why does the end-user need an end-user team?

if you want to request a feature to be added, use the feature tracker on sourceforge (or whats the point in having it?), if you want to discuss a bug, then discuss on sourceforge, if you want an extra block adding to the xoops.org homepage etc, then just discuss with the council.. y would i need an end-user team? are the devs or council members not going to discuss things with a user if they haven't been represented by the end-user team?

hence, i still can't see why an end-user team is needed, or what it's actual goals & purpose would be..

BlueStocking

@Vaughn,

Point one

Quote:
"why do they need a spokesperson? can't they just use the forum to voice their concerns if any." ...Vaughn

Answer, excellent idea. Why don't you set a forum up that we may use. That way we/they may voice their/my concerns if any without the need of a spokesman/woman.

I wouldn't be joining any end-user team, I believe like SailJapan, each one has the ability to speak for themselves. There is no need for a team.

As a end-user-rep,
it is my goal to bring it to the attention of the management here a end-users lounge could be used for the purposes you stated in your post.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/6/23 13:17

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

end users lounge --> members lounge?????

as for suggestions, well there already is a forum for those too.. see here

probably more that could be used for what they were intended for too.

like i say, there's too many forums, nobody knows where to post. information is scattered all over the place etc.

i just can't see the point in creating an end-user team or having end-user reps, especially with all the other teams that's just been created in all this chaos still...

BlueStocking

Point one,

@Vaughn "end users lounge --> members lounge?????"
Defination:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/

XOOPS.org Members Lounge
The Members Lounge is the place to talk about anything non-xoops related. Hang out here with the other members!

Moderator Bender bluenova JMorris smdcom gediminasbyt

This fails to meet my objective. It is not clearly identified that end-users are invited to participate in XOOPS disscussions relating to the direction their cms is taking or the goings on that involve them directly concerning XOOPS and its management. There is also no place for them within the XOOPS community to discuss within themselves emerging ideas they may have for their personal sites improvement. Looks, feel, and generally helping each other.

I don't believe ANYBODY has the authority to make forum, and that is why all this dancing around.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/6/23 13:56

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

This fails to meet my objective.

fair enough.. edit the description.

Quote:
It is not clearly identified that end-users are invited to participate in XOOPS disscussions relating to the direction their cms is taking

as said about 50 times now, if users want to discuss development issues or where the CMS is heading then discuss on sourceforge because that's where the devs are discussing things and that is where the only discussions regarding XOOPS developments will be discussed.

Quote:
There is also no place for them within the XOOPS community to discuss within themselves emerging ideas they may have for their personal sites improvement. Looks, feel generally helping each other.

ahem, you gotta be joking right? there's lots of forums, all different categories and so on.. theme discussions go in the XOOPS Themes and Templates Support forums, module discussions in module forums, and so on and on.. utilise what you have, optimize what you have instead of creating more forums that will inevitably get misused etc..

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/

i count at least 25 forums to be used..

we had all these setup and planned on xoopsinfo, everything categorised etc, searching would have been easier.. but you can't please the same people more than once.. lol by that i mean all this seperate sub-sites and community running the community website and NOT the core devs is what the community Asked for lol.. but now we agree to do what was asked for well over a year, then the community then decides that they want it done a different way..

that is exactly why someone has to take some kind of control and dictate, oh i've listened to your ideas & changing minds again and again, so here's what's gonna happen, that suggestion will be made, nope, that suggestion will not be done, we are going to do this, and we aren't doing that.. because if the council can't come to a decision without it taking a decade, then it don't matter what is discussed here.. Nothing will change!!

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits