JMorris
XOOPS.org moderator requirements [was: Drupal]
  • 2005/9/27 13:23

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

bluenova wrote:
One thing that I don't think I saw meantioned. Is this just for the forum or for the comment system too? As I think that moderation is just as important for the comment system as well.

@phppp
Looking forward to the next version, that additions sound really good

I believe this was implied, though not specifically stated. Something, I believe, needs particular attention is the requests for support in the comments system. Support requests should be handled in the forums, not in the comments, IMHO.

@phppp,
I too am looking forward to the changes. Keep up the great work!

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

bluenova
Re: XOOPS.org moderator requirements [was: Drupal]

I think it would also be good to have templates for each forum for members looking for support and a sticky in that forum saying 'read me first' or something like that containing some intro text and the template. I wouldn't be the right person to put it together, but something that would include XOOPS version, apache version, MySQL version, module issue, module version etc...

JMorris
  • 2005/9/28 10:00

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

I've seen this implemented on numerous other support forums with varied success. Conceptually, it's a good idea, but I'm affraid many people will not bother reading it. Lazy Brain is a desease and a lot of people in this world have it.

I'm not apposed to the idea. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

davidl2
  • 2005/9/28 10:05

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It's certainly worth doing... even if a few people read it only... but it may get ignored by most people who dont go directly to the forums...

bluenova

Quote:
It's certainly worth doing... even if a few people read it only... but it may get ignored by most people who dont go directly to the forums
True, but a least we would have a template for each forum to point a member to, when the member is saying, 'My site doesn't work right, tell me how to fix it.'

JMorris
  • 2005/9/28 10:20

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:
True, but a least we would have a template for each forum to point a member to, when the member is saying, 'My site doesn't work right, tell me how to fix it.'

Well, you've got a good point. It takes a lot less time to post a sentece saying "Please read this => THIS" than it does to type all that stuff out every time. That would certainly free up our time to focus on questions that don't have such cut-and-dry answers.

If the Core Team approves, I think it would be a good idea.

On a different note...

IMHO, I think it would be a good idea to add a private thread for Moderator discussion in addition to the Trash thread. The Trash thread is great for analyzing what kind of threads should be locked/deleted and how situations can better be handled. However, there's really nowhere to discuss things like threads to whatch, trolls to whatch, etc.

For instance, with my schedule, it's only during the early morning and late evening that I can dedicate a long stretch of time on the forum. The rest of the day I pop in and out at random throughout the day. If I see a thread that my potentially go down a bad direction, it would be good to have a way of notifying the rest of the team to keep an eye on it.

Any thoughts?

James

bluenova

Hi James, I quite agree, quoting my earlyer post:
Quote:
and I think a private forum for moderator discussion would be a good idea, where mods can post about current issues that all mods should know about.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits