builderb
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2003/12/22 7:12

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

Hello cmagana, The guides I have are basically another installation of xDirectory with a few minor(cosmetic) changes. I only changed the layout of the template pages and left the .php files alone. oh, and I did a search for /xdirectory and replaced it with /guide

That's basically it.

-b

cmagana
  • 2003/12/22 7:34

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

ok, thanks

m0nty
  • 2003/12/22 17:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

1st of all Excellent Mod, very useful indeed..

was wondering tho, if it would be possible for you or someone to allow the changing of the maps config via the adminCP so that users in different countries than the USA can use their own yahoo maps site..

ie in uk >http://uk.maps.com/ i know it's easy enuff to change manually, but would be an excellent addition for the adminCP and make things lots easier for those people that don't like editing code..

BobbyC
  • 2003/12/22 18:00

• BobbyC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/16

Great module. I'm trying to upload about 500 records into the directory via the MySQL command line interface.

First I created a tab delimited text file that mirrors the xdir_links table structure.

Then, using LOAD DATA INFILE, I inserted the records into the xdir_links table. lid was left blank. I inserted the value 1 into the submitter and status fields. And to make the category issue easy, I created one called NEW and assigned that value to all the categories.

54 pages show up in the catetory New but no listings. What am I missing?

Also, any chance of getting my hands on the version you're using on your site? It looks like you've worked out the income producing goodies.

Thanks.

builderb
  • 2003/12/22 18:15

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

hello bobbyc,

You need to upload corresponding data into the xdir_text table in order to get the data to display.

The module is looking for a description with the same 'lid' and if it doesn't find it nothing will show up but it'll say there's x number of records in the DB.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-b

builderb
  • 2003/12/22 18:28

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

I think that's an excellent idea! I will add that to the roadmap for future versions.

right now my focus is to get all the bugs out of the version I'm using on my site and release that to the community. then I want to add a paypal function so a user can buy an upgrade at the time they enter their listing.

After that I will work on making xDirectory a more Internationally-friendly module.

Thanks for the input.

-b

BobbyC
  • 2003/12/22 18:43

• BobbyC

• Just popping in

Okay. That makes sense. Except that right now there is no corersponding data. Would it be sufficient to perform a query that grabs the record ids, creates a table, and then load those results into xdir_text? Or is there an easier way? Sorry for the dumb questions. I am a designer struggling my way through learning SQL and programming. The right side of my brain hurts

Bob

builderb
  • 2003/12/22 19:14

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

what I typically do if I'm dealing with that many records is export the xdir_links table and remove all the other fields leaving just the 'lid' column then I create a blank column for description save it and import it into the db using phpMyAdmin(or whatever DB admin tool your using).

-b

cmagana
  • 2003/12/22 19:22

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
1st of all Excellent Mod, very useful indeed..

was wondering tho, if it would be possible for you or someone to allow the changing of the maps config via the adminCP so that users in different countries than the USA can use their own yahoo maps site..

ie in uk >http://uk.maps.com/ i know it's easy enuff to change manually, but would be an excellent addition for the adminCP and make things lots easier for those people that don't like editing code..

I suggest to use www.maporama.com this site offerts maps af several countries, because I live in Mexico Yahoo Maps haven't in my country, maporama works well in my country, the hack is the next:

You need modify template file xdir_link, whit the next code:
Quote:

<form name=mapForm2 action="http://www.maporama.com/share/map.asp" target="_new" method=get>

<input type="hidden" name="COUNTRYCODE" value="ES">
<input type="hidden" name="_XgoGCAddress" value="<{$link.address}>">
<input type="hidden" name="_XgoGCTownName" value="<{$link.city}>">
<input type="hidden" name="Zip" value="<{$link.zip}>">
<input type=submit name="getmap" value="Mapa">
</form>

That's all

This is very functional to people that don't live in USA, UK, France and Germany.

BobbyC
  • 2003/12/22 20:03

• BobbyC

• Just popping in

Clever. Thanks. Any chance you'd be willing to share the version of xdirectory you're using on folsomeliving.com?

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits