gtop00
Re: " Car Garage" Module
  • 2007/7/16 9:32

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hi script_fu and Northern,

I am not quite sure that I understood what you exactly want to achieve using a Forum for automotive purposes inside xoops.

I would suggest the following modules (heavily) hacked by one friend at XoopsGreece.

New vehicles: Click on "Νέα Μοντέλα" on the right and the categories below that. It is the module 'SmartSection'
Used vehicles: Click on "Μεταχειρισμένα" on the wright and you can alphabetically choose any make with pictures and details... The module name is 'cars' and it is a hacked very known XOOPS module (which I don't remember wright now bu I can find out)

Will_H
  • 2007/7/16 9:59

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well would ya look at that. I wonder if the owner would be willing to share.

script_fu

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
When I rap the smf forum inside of the smf module/bridge it goes blank.

When I turn off the smf wrapper it go's straight to the forums.

Quote:

Orstio wrote:
Does your SMF database user have access to your XOOPS database? Does your XOOPS database user have access to your SMF database?

Does anyone know what the developer Orstio above is asking here? This is what I have below but I dont see how they would have access to each other?

I have the same user account and password on both XOOPS and smf.

and

I set up my site with two seperate MySQL databases. One for XOOPS and one for Smf. Both databases share the same user in the MySQL account maintenance thru my cpanel.

How do I make sure they both have access to what and where would I do this?

script_fu

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:

I am not quite sure that I understood what you exactly want to achieve using a Forum for automotive purposes inside xoops.

The original topic starter "MudNuts4x4" has a 4x4 Truck site that is set up as a community site. I also have a new Mustang community site that I want to bring alive. The garage part of the forum system is perfect for community/profile style sites.

Remember the recommended XOOPS does not have a very good profile system in fact its hateful at best. Unless you have php5 then you could use miths mod at the smartfactory. I dont have or will have php5 on my vps no time soon. I dont want to break eveything on the server.

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
I would suggest the following modules (heavily) hacked by one friend at XoopsGreece.

The module name is 'cars' and it is a hacked very known XOOPS module (which I don't remember wright now bu I can find out)

That is one very nice automotive site! I must admit im very jealous over the modules they have! Could you ask which module was used for the hack?

Here is some other features that would be nice.

Here is the features I want in a module.

I must admit that automotix has the best mods for my main purpose.

script_fu

Also here is another wonderful example of an XOOPS site that has automotive features.

Custom and Stock

script_fu

I also found Ajax Tags.

There demo is mostly based on automotive.

I call this chained selects.

Here is another site auto populalating select boxes with ajax and mysql.

gtop00
  • 2007/7/16 13:24

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Well, the examples refer to E-commerce / Automotive portals (most I liked ‘automotix.net’!)
I believe that we need to define what we actually need since asking for everything it is rather difficult or impracticable/impossible.

Questions:
Do we need..
1. An “X Fun Club style Automotive” site?
2. A general “Automotive E-Commerce” style site?
3. An “Automotive Dealer E-Commerce” style site?
4. An “Automotive Sports” style site?
5. An “Automotive ideas and/or experience Exchange” style site?
6. An “Automotive News” style site?
7. A “General Automotive related Subjects” (safety, technology, educative…) style site?

- Do we need a combination of two or three of the above?
- Do we need all of the above???

This way, we can make a search for modules that could easily converted (or created from scratch) to fulfill the various requirements.

I believe that there are thousands (good and bad) automotive sites out there. We have to be more precise.

By the way here are another two (by & sell ++) examples: www.cars.com and www.automotive.com.

script_fu

Im in the used auto parts business. I also sell new aftermarket auto parts. I would love to have any of the above you have suggested.

I think that the modules shouldn't be totally automotive specific. They should be easy to clone so you can name them what you want.

What we are lacking is a way to pull any data from our databases. With a module able to use chain selects from the very install and as many different fields you could add that can be changed to what the user needs.

We will have something that can be adapted for many different business fields. Not just automotive.

A Msql auto populate module built around something like this Link.
This would be something I would like to see with chained selects.

Im not sure if its possible...

script_fu

I think Formulize is such a module that can do this.

I think Noah is such a module that can do this as well.

The problem is for me I get stuck way to much trying to come up with the right way to pull it off.

If we just had a simple module we could install that had chained selects to start with and a way to connect to our database. I would and alot of other user be downtown/hooked up.

Sometime I just need a two level select and I want to post the id of the record to next page. Think www.uneedapart.com

Then again sometimes I need three level select.

Mudnuts4x4
  • 2007/7/16 20:58

• Mudnuts4x4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/21

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:

New vehicles: Click on "Νέα Μοντέλα" on the right and the categories below that. It is the module 'SmartSection'
Used vehicles: Click on "Μεταχειρισμένα" on the wright and you can alphabetically choose any make with pictures and details... The module name is 'cars' and it is a hacked very known XOOPS module (which I don't remember wright now bu I can find out)

Pretty much i am looking for a module to do the same as this one for phpbb.... phpBB Garage. It allows members to upload photos of their vehicle, review modifications, rate shops, etc etc. Almost an advanced users page that you can give member only individual access to show off a vehicle (unlike user page, which seems to give any registered user access).
Mudnut

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits