BlueStocking
[communication - team approval ?] php4-5 subject matter enhanced.

Madfish,

Would you mind making a new thread and posting it for me to see? I would post it for you but I prefer you be the owner of the thread.

Second thought, please post it on xoopsinfor.org and send our team leader kc0maz the link. Iramtfan is a project council member and will be in a position to boil down the information for the council. kc0maz will be able to present the argument for immediate response to DJ.

Thanks.

Darcy - Community Coordinator.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
Re: [communication - team approval ?] php4-5 subject matter enhanced.
  • 2007/7/13 18:39

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

[edit] Post removed by KC0MAZ

post was irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

debianus
  • 2007/7/13 18:55

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

It is very easy. In the beginning The Comms Team was the docs and Prommotion Team too. Later prommotion is desapeared and there is a new doc Team; and the Comms Team can not publish news in xoops.org
Really I do not know as that Team could make the job for "communications" in this way. Is there news about the project and news about the community?. Ufff
Some news were published by the Team, translated to several languages and sent to local support sites (It was the first time in four years). The three last letters had not translations; I do not find sense to that job now.
Now we have a Community Team, out of xoops.org with a jobs that nobody can understand; a site (xoopsinfo) that only is a work place for the Team, altought The Team do not know which is the work that must to be done...
About xoopsinfo: is it the support site in english?. It do not seems.
Madfish wrote:

Quote:
We submitted a proposal several times now, both personally and publically, and have yet to receive any response

The silence is a answer too, sometimes.
All xoopers do no want more problems, speaks etc. We need action, but there are a lot of issues that do not allow to work rightly.

Bender
  • 2007/7/13 19:55

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I am no longer a moderator but this becomes a good example of how it should not be done. Not just allowing this thread to turning into a different subject but now also modifying the original subject to actively support this?

This thread is now 6 pages long from which 4 are at least about the original subject. So hijacking it at this stage does no good. Please consider opening a different thread with full quotes of what people posted off topic in there and keep this one to the original subject. The faster the better.

Just my 0.02cent. Once you split it up feel free to remove this post of mine.

Thank you. And now back to topic please
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

debianus
  • 2007/7/13 20:22

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Bender, you are in right. My post can be removed too

BlueStocking

COMMENT REMOVED, it was inappropiate response from me to Bender regarding a moderator complaint. I apolize.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Bender
  • 2007/7/13 23:26

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Dropped.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

hervet
Migrating definitively to Php 5
  • 2007/7/14 7:19

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Thank you all to have polluted this thread which is, I believe, very important.

The place where I have posted it is really useless.
The problem is not the place where to post it but the subject by itself.

Please, if you have a problem other than migrating to Php5, open your own post !

"Moderator", before to change the subject of a topic (for which I took the time to think) please ask the thread's owner his agreement and think too !

After all this as been said, I would like to relaunch the subject, will XOOPS be smart enough to migrate to Php 5 ?

Is XOOPS the only project to stay in the past unlike the other projects who were quoted in the first post ?

I really believe that an official answer is awaited.

Thank you all

PS : Moderator, please rewrite the title of MY first post :
Migrating definitively to Php 5

Dave_L
Re: Migrating definitively to Php 5
  • 2007/7/14 15:27

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I've posted the "Go PHP 5" proposal in the core developers' forum at sf.net to get opinions.

jdseymour
Re: Migrating definitively to Php 5

Well I think this is really not an issue anymore. PHP.net just announced the "End of Life" for PHP 4 see here:

http://www.php.net/

Login

Who's Online

300 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 300

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits