• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

hmmmmmmm

very interesting trick BS.

youll have to show me how you did it.

BlueStocking
Re: Community Coordination Team Final Report

IE6 browser,
File/ save as / select web page complete / name it a shorter name and it will save the page and all the graphics and things that relate to the page in a like named folder.

Excellent backup for those must have pages. Both the file and the folder can be dragged and dropped into your website and no more dreaded white page while you are doing a recovery for the customer to see. You can have these up with a message in a matter of minutes. Also it can help you trouble shoot the source of site failure. If you can't get to it, then it is your server. If you can it is xoops, but you may have features availiable to you 'login' 'admin' that it is still possible to get to.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
Re: Community Coordination Team
  • 2007/7/9 23:43

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

The Community Coordination Team is close to being finalized
The goal being less moderation, and more help.

Make no mistake. Moderators are and will be on the job, and the rules will be enforced.

If you haven't already done so, or if it has been awhile, now is a good time to read the Terms of Use and XOOPSiquette.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/14 12:09

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Who we are and more importantly who we are not:

As KC0MAZ I repersent Mike Clark of Hartford, South Dakota

I repersent the sum of his knowledge and experiences.
his trails
his successes and his failures
his thoughts and opinions (of which there are many)
his actions and failure to act.

As a Forum Moderator I repersent the XOOPS entire project

to the project council I repersent Forum Moderator and Forum Moderators 1 ~ 9, as well as community.

To the developers I repersent the customer, the end-user.
To the customers, I repersent the developers, and the project council. To the customer I AM XOOPS.

I have no opinion. Thus I do not editorialize

When I speak, I produce documented facts, as my words are those of the leadership.
--unknown

BlueStocking

If we are introducing ourselves again, then...

I am Darcy Stonesifer, of Alexander AR.
a 70 year old woman, wife and grandmother.

As forum moderator I am mod3, that is so when I get out of line with my moderation DJ will know who's butt to kick.

As a moderator I am responsible for my own actions only, no one else's, litterly...

To the developers, I am a moderator, they come and they go.
To the customers, as a moderator, I'm a name on the sidebar, if I am anything at all.

To the project council... well, yep, I'm still a moderator.

As a person, I have opinions, lots and lots of them I have accumulated over the years, so I am apt to give you one anytime, feel perfectly free to tell me where to stuff it.

Opinions come cheap and with me are subject to change when replaced with documented facts.

It is my opinion, we need more documented FACTS.

ADDON: Now, as community coordinator, that's different, my job is to tell you all where to go...... Why wouldn't I love my job, everyone should be so lucky. {{grin, not much pay so there should be some fun involved to make it all worth while, everybody loosen up!}}

sailjapan

Looks like we're introducing ourselves, so Hello.

I'm Crispin 'Crip' Moorey. aka ForumModerator1/sailjapan.
(the '1' in my mod's handle has no significance btw)

I'm a 43y.o English bloke who's been living in Japan for roughly half his life.

I run a community web site for English speaking sailors in Japan. It's a XOOPS based web site of course.

I like XOOPS for what you can do with it rather than how it does it. I don't have time to get into php or any of that stuff, and using XOOPS generally allows me to get the results I'm after without having to.

I have a passion for language and am in awe of of the human brain's ability to communicate intricate detail and delicate nuance through the creative use of it. As a result, I am an educator and proofreader for a living.

I volunteered for a role in the Community Coordination Team mainly because I felt the community needed this team desperately, and because I think I have the patience to find out what it is that people actually mean when they speak up. Too many people don't pay due attention to what is not always most eloquently put forth.

I hope I don't have to do much moderating. I think you're all old enough to look after yourselves, actually. Coordinating is why I'm here.

I want to help make XOOPS better so that I can spend more time sailing.

宜しくお願いします

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

BlueStocking

@SailJapan,
Yep, God Willing... I agree, big consideration.
(Remarking on your somewhat cryptic signature)

Northern
  • 2007/7/14 21:49

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Well it looks like we're introducing ourselves, So....

I'm Marc Spieth. Also known as Northern.
I was given the calling of Mod #4
( some how I got the short straw... )

It looks like Im the youngest here, sence im only 29.
Ive been married for 6 years, and we have a 5 year old son.
Cerrently I reside in the great state of Alaska, hince the user name. Northern, as in the Northern most part of the united states.

I cerrently have 2 jobs.
the first would be the automotive field.
Im a ASE trained tech. I deal with dianostics. such as check engine lights,abs,transmissions,rear-ends,about 110% of the drive train. cerrently im waiting on sergery on my right rotator cuff, so ive had tones of time to work my 2nd job.

My 2nd Job is my small but bizzy little company S.M.S .
S.M.S is a localy based and owned company that has its roots in the web for little over 2 years.
we relocate other people and/or companys that have had problems with other webmasters and/or hosts, to a cost-effective
host, set up the accounts and then tranfer the companys data from one host to another ( if the data is still there )
if all data is gone we offer to make a new site for them at cost. sometimes outsourcing if needed.
Ive cerrently expanded the services, by buying a pair of Dell server blades.
( now i just need to learn how to use them, LOL )

I watched XOOPS start to have problems, and members fighting amonst them selves,and ive seen many people leave do to this. threw this time, i asked my self what should, or what could i do to help?
I was sent a Invite to join the CCT ( Community Coordination Team ) by the cerrent CCT leader. kc0maz.

Quote:

SailJapan wrote:

I volunteered for a role in the Community Coordination Team mainly because I felt the community needed this team desperately, and because I think I have the patience to find out what it is that people actually mean when they speak up. Too many people don't pay due attention to what is not always most eloquently put forth.

I would have said this, but i was beat to it., LOL

kc0maz
Bluestockings resigns
  • 2007/7/16 11:11

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Bluestockings has resigned as a Community Coordinator.

Her reasons for resigning, are hers, I will not post them. She may, if she so chooses.

A replacement has not been named yet.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits