MadFish
Re: NewBB Spam Posts - Any simple challenge hack avail?
  • 2007/4/16 7:59

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

There are two modules that might be of interest to you:

* Protector V3 by GIJOE allows you to ban spammers automatically. It works by counting the number of links that are submitted in a post. If there are too many a post or comment can be flagged as spam and IP blocked. You can set the limit for guests/registered users independently.

* XOOPScare by Herve - also has an option to block spammers and delete spam comments on a scheduled basis (but I don't know exactly how this one works).

THEM1060
  • 2007/4/16 12:49

• THEM1060

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/8

I've been getting a flood of spam over the past week even with SecurityImage installed.

Anyone else found that somehow the module's effectiveness has been compromised?

Tobias
  • 2007/4/17 1:04

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

That's scary! I'm currently protecting parts of my site with three layers: GIJoe's XoopsProtector v.3 (I've set it to discard any post with more than 2 URLs), Richard Virtue's Netquery which checks everything with Bad Behavior (well formedness of HTML requests and some other tests), plus a semantic check against Akismet (link to our discussion of it a few posts above). Incredibly enough, there're still submissions making their way through! They're, of course, pretty truncated an sometimes don't even point anywhere. All the more annoying. That's not even spam, that's just garbage.

I had actually hoped to shore things up with Captchas should it become necessary. It's a hassle for legit users, though.
www.affvu.org

Vargr
  • 2008/1/17 17:27

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

I have tried to upload the SecurityImage module by DuGris.

But when trying to install the module it comes with a rather strange error message:

Installing SecurityImage

ȃp? ?.???cŽc? ?..??Ƀp??admin?àÊšÜp??class?àʝÜp??fonts?àÊ©Üp??images?ʾÜp??include?ÅÜp??language?üáèâƒp? ?xoops_version.php?Æ485?߃p?d index.html?èâƒp?P+.pureftpd-upload.478f5fcb.15.10ae2.f37c2485 is not a valid SQL!

Unable to install securityimage. Error(s):
Back to Module Administration page

It looks somewhat like a doublebyte error but that would seem rather strange.

Other modules install without a problem.

XOOPS: 2.0.17.1
Software server Apache/2.0.61 (FreeBSD) PHP/5.2.5 with Suhosin-Patch
PHP version 5.2.5
MySql version 5.0.41-log

It installed just fine in my sandbox - the only different I can see being that of "status safe mode" being different between the two (an dI have no idea how to change that in my sandbox to see if it makes a difference). That and the fact taht my sandbox runs MySQL 2.2.6.

I hope somebody can help me tracking down the problem so that I may install this module.

LATER ADDITION SAME EVENING:

It works now - I don't know why it didn't work, but I think I know how I made it work, which only proves that the Gods favour the stupid.

I was playing around on my sandbox (a webserver system on my local computer) and installing SecureImage again in a duplicate setup to the one on the public server. However, my MySQL settings pointed to the public server and not the sandbox. Apparently the MySQL got updated correctly that way and now the module is installed. Sounds strange but that seems to have been what finally fooled it into working.
Vargr
- 狼 -

demazero
  • 2009/9/7 5:21

• demazero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/1 1

Hi .. im install dfx_comments in my XOOPS 2.0.18
using php 5 and i got an error when i submitted the comment
:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\xampp\htdocs\portalkpk1\class\xoopsform\securityimage.php on line 497

does anyone know about this error .. thanks

Mamba
  • 2009/9/7 6:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Probably dfx_comments is not compatible with PHP5

In general context, see this thread

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits