davidl2
Re: Multi-sites - help me test it properly?
  • 2005/4/10 11:03

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

javier wrote:

I like have XOOPS always up to date with the latest XOOPS versions,
Since i installed koudanshi x-phpbb in one of my sites, the update of these site become a real nightmare, and return to newbb is really hard (no exist a converter yet)

I used this, and I think I have a convertor script for it - please email me for more info if i can locate it

maumed
  • 2005/4/10 14:47

• maumed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

hi, davidl2!

I cant find your email...

But im interested in this converter script! Can you send it to me, please?? My email: XOOPS Brasil at gmail[dot]com.

Thanx in advance...

Mauricio

banned
  • 2005/4/10 21:45

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Uhm, what about to share tables from different databases with same prefix?
For Example:
I've a MAIN website and various, minor, little useless sub-sites. These sub-sites have the same modules installed, these sites have to share only users, sessions, groups, avatars.. they don't have forums that is only on the main website(this is the heaviest section, right?).
But these sub-sites are 20 sub-sites. Take these sub-sites all in one single DB would mean have about 1200 tables.. too many for an easy administration.

So, it's possible to change the MySQL driver for share tables from differents DB with the same table-prefix?
(I mean an easy change :P )

banned,

m0nty
  • 2005/4/10 22:00

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

that's a possibility i think, with a few mods i think it might be possible as long as they are on the same MySQL server and the MySQL username & password are the same for the new db as that would require more work i think..

maybe storing db name for subsites in main database and a slight mod in mainfile.php which identifies the db name from the siteid.. sounds too simple to be possible like that though..

fredski
  • 2005/4/18 11:21

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

How easy is this to implement into an existing site?

I Have spent a lot of work customising my XOOPS and would like that to be the template for my other parked domains.

This forum keeps stating that it should be used on a fresh XOOPS install and make it as empty as possible. Id hate to have to got through the whole customisation process again.

Is it possible to do? What do I need to do and if so what pitfalls might I expect to encounter. I appreciate you don't know what mods I've made, but a general idea of pitfalls would be good.

All my tables are to be shared apart from themes, there is nothing in the other sites that is different apart from the look/theme, title and metta tags etc.

fredski
  • 2005/4/19 12:32

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Anyone attempted my above post?

Mithrandir

The only reason to have as clean an installation as possible is that all other sites will be based on that one, so if you setup a complete site and clone that, you will end up with a lot of removal of unnecessary things.

If what you want IS a fully-configured site, just knock yourself out.

You should also be aware that in order to have a different theme on each site, you will have to not share the config tables.

Take a backup of both files and database prior to applying this.

fredski
  • 2005/4/19 15:44

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the reply mithrandir.

Yeah the site I have is what I want to clone.

Anonymous
  • 2005/4/21 20:27

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

Is this hack work with two xoops, i means two folders or just install one XOOPS with this hack ?

please i need multisite installation with XOOPS 2.0.9.2

Mithrandir

Mowaffak, I have it running with one XOOPS installation (physical files) and 4 Apache Aliases, making it seem like they are in different subfolders to the root, while actually both being served from the root.

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits