kc0maz
Re: [XoopsTeam] progress - community coordination - June 10th
  • 2007/6/28 12:58

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

sailjapan wrote:
I was just a bit unsure what solely for Project meant. Still not all that comfortable with the words governed by Project Council,

Those words can chafe one the wrong way. We will receive our guidance from the project council, based on the direction of of the project. If the council tells us the version 2.2 is dead, then lets not open any more user discussions, rather, we will refer them to version 2.0.16. If the council says that 'coordinator X' was rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, then the council will take some kind of action against 'coordinator X' (if I haven't already done so) The focus of our 'work' will be the end-user.

Quote:
Being basically a tool enabling clear and accurate passing on of requests from various groupings of the XOOPS community at large (devs are community members as much as are end-users), if a team decides to reject a request, that's not our decision, so there's not much that we'd need to be governed over, I'd imagine... except dereliction of duty perhaps.

That's it.
Quote:

Yup, once we're all set up, issue tracking on a wiki would work well, or possibly a ticketing system of some sort.

There are so many tools that could be used for this. I want to keep it simple, both for us and the public. in the meantime I suggest all the the team members become familiar with SF.net Bug tracker as we may be using it to report back to the development teams. We may, as the need arises, set up our own internal tracking system.
Quote:

In the meantime, clutter or not, this is probably the best place to keep our discussions open and on record.

This is what we have, so this is what we will use. I have no problem having the discussions open to the public, I do have a problem having our discussions being the first thing people see when they come to Xoops. Especially first time visitors. Some of the discussions there makes us (the community) look something less that professional. This is an image that we do not want to portray.
Quote:

I'll take on the recording of ideas here and post a weekly synopsis here if people think that would help us not lose track of anything important that gets posted here.
That is a good idea, at least until we rolling. Let people see that we are not just sitting our hands, but as a team we are moving forward.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

JMorris
  • 2007/6/28 13:14

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
I have invited all the current moderators to join this team, so far they have been unresponsive or reluctant to join.

Thank you for the invitation, but I will have to respectfully decline.

At present, I'm already on 3 teams. I don't want to spread myself too thin.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

phppp
  • 2007/6/28 14:25

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Updates:

We are glad to see KC0MAZ as team leader candidate.

KC0MAZ, can you please open a new thread for community coordinator team and be responsible for the team establishment?

This thread is going to be closed.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits