sailjapan
Re: [bad boy] Excuse me

I think Marco's right when he says a Manifesto is essential for instilling confidence in the community as a whole.
And in answer to this:
Quote:

Marco wrote:

i think :
- it's time for them to explain us how they want to interact with community. Has time of truth and honesty just arrived?

I say, maybe it's also time for the community to explain how we want the developers to interact with the rest of us too.

While their knowledge and ability is more clearly defined, a developer is no greater or lesser a member of this community than anyone else who's been inspired enough to register here.

Let's try and move beyond the 'them' and 'us' attitudes of old, and realize that the only way forward is through unity of purpose and vision derived through discussion and peer review and resulting in consensus.

Naturally, truth and honesty is essential for this.

(I think we're heading in the right direction, folks )
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

davidl2
  • 2007/6/9 12:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I certainly agree with many of your points Marco & Hervet - and yes, I've certainly made my own fair share of mistakes as well.

(Edit: Sadly I'm only human )

A proper plan of action, manifesto, whatever the term is - is a good step forward... and as for the rest? Well we've made mistakes in the past - lets learn from them.

(And that includes people like myself as well!)

I am listening and appreciate your input here.

smart2
  • 2007/6/9 14:04

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

I really can't believe what I read here.

Skalpa have to quit because his Ill or not?

I really hope this is not a fake reason which would be intolerable and really shocking.

How can you believe to make confidence come from lies?

I don't even know who I'm talking to when asking those questions.

vaughan
  • 2007/6/9 14:22

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

what does it matter now?

Skalpa has quit, he has health issues, he has a day job.

Whether it was fully for health issues or not is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that XOOPS is moving on with it's development and restructure.

so please keep things positive, discussions on whether skalpa was really ill or not is nothing to do with what is at hand. If you want to live in the past then don't do it here.

sailjapan

Quote:

smart2 wrote:
I really can't believe what I read here.

Skalpa have to quit because his Ill or not?

I really hope this is not a fake reason which would be intolerable and really shocking.

How can you believe to make confidence come from lies?

I don't even know who I'm talking to when asking those questions.

Come on guys, let's not make conclusions based on rumors. Skalpa has resigned and the whys and wherefores have no relation to the way forward. Let's stick to the facts. We have an excellent CMS here which is attracting a huge amount of volunteer support.

Onwards and upwards!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

JMorris
  • 2007/6/9 14:25

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Skalpa has bills to pay, just like the rest of us. I can't count how many times I've worked when ill because I have a family to provide for. Why should it be any different for Skalpa? Nobody said he was dead, just ill.

Quote:
Onwards and upwards!

I couldn't agree more.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

smart2
  • 2007/6/9 14:33

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

Quote:
what does it matter now?

For me it is.

Can't be confident enough to work and share again with that kind of spirit.

Excuse me for having talked about past (2 days ago past in fact).

I go out this upsets me. Bye.

aph3x
  • 2007/6/9 14:42

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I totally agree with vaughan, now the reason of resignation is irrelevant and this debate is useless...after all, we want to move forward so loosing time more than we've lost is not really the right way, it wouldn't make any difference for XOOPS whether he left cause lack of time or bored or illness, everyone has its share of problems in life and personal life should always come first especially when ill
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

tom
  • 2007/6/9 14:44

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

ha ha ha, you guys crack me up, trying to be bad boys and what not.

The past is the past, you called for change and it's here, some of you asked for a different leader and it's happened, it's most certainly true that you can't please everyone, but it's also true that not everyone wants to be pleased.

Smart2, good to see out of all the positive things, you've managed to pick up on something negative.

Now lets not dwell on the past, mistakes were made, but attitudes were both sides, lets now move on, this is a time of change, we have a chance to mould our XOOPS future.

Everyone's input is valuable, and appreciated.

Now as the title of my recent article had:

Aurora - Dawn of a new day.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

debianus
  • 2007/6/9 14:47

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Quote:

instantzero wrote:
Excuse me for asking another question (suggestion in fact) but their are some treasures in the local supports.
And those people do not always speak english.
I think it will be good if they could join the new Xoops.
Can I suggest to wait, or to verify, that the good news is spread everywhere (in the local supports) so that everybody can join ?

Esxoops (Spain) do it.
"Eñe proyect" (thanks to Riosoft) ever is move on. There are some news translation ready for the xoopers in the next days.
I hope that will be possible make a "spanish documentacion team".

Please, we shall to learn of the mistakes in the past; do not do it again.

Login

Who's Online

297 user(s) are online (195 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 297

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits