bjbtexas
Re: Yellow Pages module out now..
  • 2004/11/28 17:07

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

I can’t keep waiting, so I thought I would give this a try.

So far, I've just hacked xDirectory to allow you to include more than one instance of the directory. The second directory is called guide and I am working on further more specific variations for my site, but I have made the hack available on my site for those who are interested.

You can see the work in Progress at www.advenquest.com – under the Resort Guides menu item. You need to register to download the module.

The coupon part doesn't look too hard, that will be next.

Thanks,

BJ Baker

Falcon22
  • 2004/11/30 2:33

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I use xdirectory and would be willing to pay for this upgraded version you are planning to release, when will it be ready? And will you include the Real Estate Directory with it?

I would like to suggest improving the navigation of categories, possibly with pull down menus. I dont use subcategories because I think it is too messy.

Love the cupon feature.

DogTags
  • 2004/12/26 16:14

• DogTags

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/4

Quote:

bjbtexas wrote:

So far, I've just hacked xDirectory to allow you to include more than one instance of the directory. The second directory is called guide and I am working on further more specific variations for my site, but I have made the hack available on my site for those who are interested.

You can see the work in Progress at www.advenquest.com – under the Resort Guides menu item. You need to register to download the module.

Hi BJ

I snagged the guide download and plugged it in. Thanks. I noticed that there is no Guide Icon in left admin menu to edit guide preferences and things.

How can I add one?

I know that you can click the Guide word in the list of modules to edit preferences, but it's nice as well to have the icon on the left.

Also, when a visitor adds a site, all the field data except for the name is not being copied over. When admin goes to validate a submission, all that they see is the site title.

Could this be related to upgrading to XOOPS 2.0.9?

Thanks again

kumzzy
  • 2005/1/27 9:13

• kumzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

Quote:

bjbtexas wrote:

The coupon part doesn't look too hard, that will be next.

Thanks,

BJ Baker

Any 1 managed to install the module? I got an error

Module File for guide Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

when i install the module...

Wheeler
  • 2005/1/27 12:10

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Quote:
by DogTags
I noticed that there is no Guide Icon in left admin menu to edit guide preferences and things.

How can I add one?

Open xoops_version.php, and find

$modversion['image'] = "images/xxx_slogo.png";

Make sure the file name matches the one stored in the module's /images/ directory. Peace!

jfmoore
  • 2005/1/27 18:36

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Wonder what's going on with xDirectory and builderb? He had registered the project with SourceForge, but now I see that it is no longer there.

Anyone know where it stands and if he will be releasing a new version, for pay or otherwise, anytime soon?

JFM

bjbtexas
  • 2005/2/4 20:43

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

I have spoken with Adam at FolosomLiving.com and he has a business model based around his website he is willing to sell to those who are interested. It was my feeling from the conversations I had with him that there would be no more updates on xDirectory.

Sorry, about the issues with the renamed xDirectory module. I uploaded the wrong Guide module and I now have so many of them I don't know which one works and which one doesn't. I figure it out and let you know.

Thanks,

bjbtexas
  • 2005/2/5 0:46

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

Here is a link to a working copy of guide:

http://www.advenquest.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1

Please Register and say no to the email if you have no interest in adventure sports.

This Guide module is a renamed xDirectory - complete with a title tag hack. To finish off changing the order of the tile tag, go to your theme html and change your title line to
<title><{$xoops_pagetitle}> | <{$xoops_sitename}></title>

Of course you'll need to reload your theme after that.

Good luck! and if anyone wants to give me some pointers on how to add multiple categories to this please feel free!

Thanks,

xueming
  • 2005/2/8 6:18

• xueming

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/7 6

Very nice and great job !!!

One question: I went to your site and see you can upload the company logo. But I couldn't find that field in the submit listing form. How can you upload the logo?

Thanks in advance.

bjbtexas
xDirectory 1.5
  • 2005/2/8 14:01

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

Only the administrator can upload a logo on this version.

From the Admin page: Add, Modify, and Delete Categories/Listings

Screenshot image must be a valid image file underhttp://www.advenquest.com/modules/guide/images/shots/ directory (ex. shot.gif). Leave it blank if no image file.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits