redheadedrod
Re: Xoops 2.6.0 alpha 3 issues

Good job Mamba! I was going to try doing that but apparently my capture software is not compatible with Windows 8.1 or something is incompatible with something.

Still working on the tutorial but having a classmate help me with figuring out my Word issues tomorrow. This is my last week of classes and Finals within 10 days so I am trying to get this done before the weekend at the latest.

Anyhow sorry I haven't finished it yet but it is a bit more work than I expected.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

goffy
  • 2013/12/2 12:57

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi Mamba

Maybe it is not so easy as you mean (for "normal users").
I have done all you have done in the video, folder /xoops_lib/vendor was here after installing.

I started to install xoops 2.6.0 and I got in step 3:
Quote:
Warning: include(C:/homepages/xampp/htdocs/xoops260/htdocs/xoops_lib/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\homepages\xampp\htdocs\xoops260\htdocs\class\xoopsload.php on line 551

So I started to search.
I restarted command window and typed again composer install, than I look exactly, what there was printed out
Quote:
[RuntimeException] You must enable the openssl extension to download files via https

Open google, searching for "enable openssl xampp" I found the solution.
In the php.ini I had to change ";extension=php_openssl.dll" into "extension=php_openssl.dll" (removing the ;).

I restarted command window and typed again composer install.
Now all files were downloaded and created.

Now installing xoops 2.6.0 worked fine.

Maybe another person has the same problems and know now, how to solve.

My configuration
[code]
ApacheFriends XAMPP Version 1.8.1
+ Apache 2.4.3
+ MySQL 5.5.27 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.4.7 (VC9 X86 32bit thread safe) + PEAR
+ phpMyAdmin 3.5.2.2
+ OpenSSL 1.0.1c
+ ADOdb 5.17
+ XAMPP Control Panel Version 3.1.0 von hackattack142 (Ein großes Danke Schön!)
Vgl.:http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46743
+ XAMPP Security

redheadedrod

goffy:
Yes you are correct. I had this same issue but it actually appeared when I installed Composer. You need to remove the comment for the Openssl prior to installing Composer or it will give an error while installing.

So Mamba if that is a youtube video you might want to comment that at the bottom of the video.

I tried to ignore the error when I installed composer but I had the issue you mentioned. Then I went back and removed the comment and reinstalled composer and it installed without issue.

Linux will likely be different but it would be a good idea to add that..

(I will make sure I make note of it in the document I am changing.)

Looks like due to class work I may not have the word document to Richard until later in the week. I am getting bogged down with class work getting ready for my finals next week but one of my classmates is going to help me through the issues I had with Word so I will try to get this done as quickly as I can.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2013/12/2 18:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
In the php.ini I had to change ";extension=php_openssl.dll" into "extension=php_openssl.dll" (removing the ;).

Very good catch! We'll need to add it to "prerequisites" for the installation.

I had it in my configuration, so of course, it didn't show any errors.

But I hope you agree that once you've adjusted the configuration, the installation was easy and straight forward!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

goffy
  • 2013/12/3 5:54

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi Mamba

yes, after enable openssl it was easy to install (and xoops 260 Looks very interesting).
But checking/changing php-configuration is not so easy for everbody, maybe someone is afraid to destroy something.

I don't know whether it is possible or not, in my opinion the installation of xoops should stay as easy as it was in the past - only clicking .
I hope, it is possible to include composer/installation of composer in the installation of xoops

Mamba
  • 2013/12/3 7:13

• Mamba

I think, most host companies provide OpenSSL as part of the installation. I just checked with 1and1 and GoDaddy, and they had it, so this should not be a problem.

Of course, we need to have a very easy installation.

The installation itself is not the issue here. Where the Composer is more important is to keep the site updated with the right libraries and their dependencies, since you can always run "composer update" and it will get you the right libraries. This way you won't run into a situation that you upgrade your jQuery plugin, but you have a wrong version of jQuery. If the plugin provides the information about the required version of jQuery, Composer will discover it and will download the right version.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

hipoonios
  • 2013/12/21 22:57

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

Composer might be good but I don't think that should be used in the final version.

Xoops should be easy to install and use. Or else no one will use it.

Anyway, installed Composer and xoops 2.6 without problems. I will help to test this new alpha version and report problems if found any.
I love Xoops!

xiran
  • 2013/12/22 19:46

• xiran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/12/22

composer was really necessary? I did anything I could not configure

timgno
  • 2013/12/28 21:09

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
xiran wrote:

Composer think it is necessary only to test locally, I think that at the time of their official publication of core xoops 2.6.0 all necessary folders will be integrated with the appropriate files.

Mamba
  • 2014/1/7 16:58

• Mamba

Quote:

The whole PHP world is going toward using Composer for everything. The tool is extremely helpful in checking the right version of all its components and all dependencies.

To give you an example - when you read the forums here, we have constantly issues with the wrong version of PHP for the given version of XOOPS, or a XOOPS module, or the wrong version of jQuery. The Composer would check on those dependencies and either download the correct version, or alert the user.

The same with XOOPS modules. You install a module, but it requires couple of different jQuery plugins. You might have one, but it's an old version. Composer will check on this and download the correct version.

This will help the users by ensuring that they have the correct versions of all components and everything is working correctly. It will also help the developers because there will be less issues reported on the Forums

It will also make the size of XOOPS downloads smaller. You'll download the basic stuff, and the Composer will download only the missing parts that you don't have.

There some articles explaining the reasons to use Composer, like this one
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits