tcnet
Re: Where is the Project Management Quality
  • 2009/8/19 22:24

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Quote:
Then I could probably mark the dev topics in the wiki here for removal… At least if they’re outdated and/or already in the dev.x.o wiki.

Please do not delete the dev pages from xoops.org as dev.xoops.org has a habit of closing for months on end due to malicious behavior. It has been closed a couple of times in the past few years.

The dev.wiki topics on xoops.org were added last year when dev.xoops.org was down. I believe the wiki pages here were restored from the old d.x.o db and are slowing getting updated with the recent core changes.

DXO was just recently reopened during catzwolf's module update initiative. The dev wiki files published on dxo were probably copied from the xoops.org wiki.

Personally I feel all XOOPS info should be published under the main domain and not spread across subdomains, local support sites and individual devs sites.

bumciach
  • 2009/8/20 7:38

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

It seems to me also that a better solution would be to have it all information in one place. At least the forum and wiki. Easier to maintain and less confusion.

The idea of dev.xoops.org has never been clear to me. Good only on our own svn and bugtracker for core and modules (but it is also on sourceforge.net).

But local support sites and individual sites devs are also important. However, we need better information exchange, wiki colaboration, etc. On many pages there are many interesting informations, code snippets, hacks, etc. There is no chance to know about that as a ordinary xoops.org user.

ghia
  • 2009/8/20 8:28

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

There is no need to go delete everywhere information. Many items are bookmarked or linked to from the internet or catalogged by Google.
The purpose of a Wiki is to centralise all the information in one big compendium.
It can do this in two ways: by incorporating the information (copy of an article found else where) or by linking to it.
In the latter case only a short description will do.
Biggest problem for the WiKi is the cataloging and to make an overviewable index, with logical entry points, and a balanced tree of main categories, categories, sub categories, etc.
It should be done with respect for the content already build up.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits