hnn_gerd
Re: heathernova.net problems on new Virtual Private Server (VPS)
  • 2008/6/7 20:05

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/24

no this looks different to what we had. I would have noticed if ther is an admin panel for PMs.
Maybe it was a newBB2.x functionality? Was it you who mentioned CBB is based on newBB1?
The CBB upgrade only brought in new features and well the forums is then on the current development status.
The design of HNN is a bit now destroyed and I have no idea yet what was customized 3 years ago when I took over the website. It is sad to loose this compact design, but to have the forums run somehow with an uptodate software is fine as well.
Dissappointing is still this attachment problem and the PM access problem.
The old server is down again and well i doubt the server will survive june 8th.
I have to decide now to try things out for another period of time or to make what I rescued so far online and face the complains of the members.

Getting into the Inbox is the biggest Prob.
The attachments, well I can just disallow.
www.heathernova.net - "it's the spirit in you, that i want to find." (heather nova)

stefan88
  • 2008/6/7 20:41

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

could it be this hack:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27724&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

...?

I don't see in the readme of newbb2 nothing to sujest there is sendbox, outbox ...

Do you have access to server logs of the new server?
There may be some clue for the white page.

hnn_gerd
  • 2008/6/7 21:04

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

yes it so much looks like this hack was applied!

Is this hack still valid?
www.heathernova.net - "it's the spirit in you, that i want to find." (heather nova)

hnn_gerd
  • 2008/6/7 21:11

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

A friend of mine who knows XOOPS and MySQL deleted all my PMs per myphpadmin in the database and then i was able to access to the Inbox! So there must be a limit of PMs to access the Inbox with XOOPS or PHP. Where is this limit?
He will try to delete now only PMs later than January 1st 2008 to hopefully get as much as possible members to access the Inbox. It still would be helpfull to know where this limit is!

hnn_gerd
  • 2008/6/7 21:56

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

please admins delete this posting, well only this, not the previous!. It is seems impossible to do myself. It was a duplicte post of the previous one.

hnn_gerd
  • 2008/6/8 22:02

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

The new server is online! Goto heathernova.net to see what was saved.
Memberlist was replaced by membership. Quite a great tool. I miss so some sort options, like to sort for "Last Login".
Well as admin I can still go to the Admin panel.

There are still problems left and hopefully i find a solution without bothering you to much here, but well help is very much appreciated!

Many thanks to John who helped me so much and of course so to all who give me hints here. I still need your help and well i think this is a great community here!

DarinAllan

Well done gerd, looking good ;o)

hnn_gerd
  • 2008/6/10 17:21

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

It looked good. Now i am getting a blank page.
no idea why. to bad.

Anonymous
  • 2008/6/10 17:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
hnn_gerd wrote:

It looked good. Now i am getting a blank page.
no idea why. to bad.

I looked at your site yesterday and it was fine. I too see the blank page today. Even /user.php draws a blank

Have you changed anything recently? More importantly, do you have a recent database backup?

hnn_gerd
  • 2008/6/10 18:07

• hnn_gerd

• Just popping in

any help and recommendation welcomed.
you think it is the database? I have a o hopefully working backup from 4 days ago. I think I will try to setup another database and restore the backup there to test it.
I do have MSN btw. so if you have ...

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits