damaster
Re: Proposal for new forum structure on xoops.org: Comments invited.
  • 2007/8/28 17:32

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Quote:

JMorris wrote:

I still have root level access to both the old and new servers.

According to my knowledge, a paid contract between the human being behind the username of "JMorris" and the XOOPS Foundation is not ended yet, or at least the XOOPS Project Council is not officially informed by the Foundation for any relevant change yet.
I think the human being is responsible for XOOPS servers according to that contract - I have never been informed by the Foundation for the contract so I might misread the situation.

Life is good !
Take some time and be patient until the truth come out!

It's now clear why such "server maintenance" took so long.
By the way, something unacceptable for a company.
And why the Foundation report was never released.

While such poisonous people still pointing the finger to others for their damage to the project and community, in ~ 2years they insult and expelled the XOOPS founder, frozen development, and project fork..
and they claim to give their time for free !!!

But today, Evil lost another battle and that,
that just make my day!

Unite the international community (alike all branches of a tree) and bring stability to the project with focus on Xoops.org
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

vaughan
  • 2007/8/28 17:42

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Damaster go feckin jump off a cliff and stop stickin your interfering and unwanted nose into things.

now can someone with authority here just BAN DAMASTER for peace feckin sake.!!

Marco
  • 2007/8/28 18:17

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

no, vaughan
i'm very surprised too to read that someone was paid for services in an open source project. what a pitty !
marco (very disapointed)
Do synergy or die.

vaughan
  • 2007/8/28 18:26

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

for crying out loud marco, open source project does not mean that costs are not incurred for services rendered.

(and yes marco, Damaster wants banning!!, if you wanna argue with me on that, feel free to. but don't expect me to back down AT ALL, because i am being as stubborn about Damaster as you & he were at pussing skalpa & rowdie, & james + many others away from this project..)

surpass gets paid for the rent of the servers? or should they not get paid because it's an open source project?

any business whether it is charity or whatever has OVERHEADS, and those overheads need paying for. server administrators are seperate from the project. they are maintaining the servers. and by all accounts James did not charge a full price for his services, in fact I would say he quoted a very discounted price.

hervet
  • 2007/8/28 18:30

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

vaughan wrote:
Damaster go feckin jump off a cliff and stop stickin your interfering and unwanted nose into things.

now can someone with authority here just BAN DAMASTER for peace feckin sake.!!

Hello,

Young French xoopser is searching for a (true) English teacher because his actual teacher's "vocabulary" seems to be limited to:
Quote:

... go feckin ...
... feckin sake ....
... feel the need to announce a #OOPS# release ...
... better than being a wan*** like you ...
... you can just feck off back ...

and "harry potter"

If you know a good one, please contact me.
Thank you.

vaughan
  • 2007/8/28 18:39

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

so you took my advice and asked for an english teacher then hervet?

you like to quote me, should we quote some of your emails that were sent to bender & other people which had far more unedited profanity in them than what I have ever used. I kinda expected you to show up after marco posted, are you 2 both twins or something or just joined at the hip?

on and btw, i can't help it if the word ##### is censored where pissed or #### isn't., why on earth #### is censored i don't know. it's a very common english phrase and is NOT considered profanity or offensive, except in this manner > I #OOPS# you to hell.

Marco
  • 2007/8/28 18:42

• Marco

• Home away from home

@vaughan,
opensource means transparency, not opacity. It's not a private club party. Or should everyone who contributes being payed for his action?
is actual core team payed for code it produces. Should every module dev or theme designer be paid for sharing things?
marco
NB : that's the same for the foundation. Report about its financial situation is asked for years.
Do synergy or die.

vaughan
  • 2007/8/28 18:46

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

open source means open marco, it means you can view the source code of the software itself, unlike closed source software such as microsoft windows or adobe acrobat etc..

get your facts straight and go re read your dictionary.

developers get paid for developing if they decide to charge for developing even in an open source project, if that was not the case, then you should consider giving your siamese twin the same lecture about him charging for services in an open source project.

you have just made yourself look very foolish there marco.

Marco
  • 2007/8/28 18:49

• Marco

• Home away from home

sorry vaughan,

when you asked someone for money (donation, advert.), a basic rule is to explain what is used that money for.
Do synergy or die.

hervet
  • 2007/8/28 18:53

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

vaughan wrote:
you like to quote me, should we quote some of your emails that were sent to bender & other people

Yes sure, please do it.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits