BlueStocking
Re: [XoopsTeam] progress - community coordination - June 10th

Quote:

Then we need to find a work space where we won't clutter up the home page

It seems to me that the ideal place for that would be
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/phpwiki/

There seems to be room for a heading to be added to reflect your mission. And by putting the information there.. come report time, it should be easy to digest the contents and ready them for publication.

In as much as on standard forums the information tends to get buried somewhere while on the wiki the issue can be discussed within the Team and noted and viewed by outsiders. Most of your work will not be items up for general discussion by the public but should be visually available for feedback from all sections.

Just an idea, that can be implemented immediately if approved.

That is also just an observation.
I like to see progress being made.

SIDENOTE: I think I see a leader, leading now, and doing it very well.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

phppp
  • 2007/6/28 3:52

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

@BlueStocking, documentation, either in a format of wiki or in a format of regular article, will be maintained by Project documentation team.
However, the coordinator team can help collect and organize useful materials from forum discussions.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/28 4:02

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Let's not put the cart in fort of the horse.

1. Select a leader.

Right now there are two people
JAVesey (yet to respond)
KC0MAZ (myself)

2. After we have a leader in place, we need to find a forum, a chat, irc or some other meeting place either on XOOPS sponsored web site or elsewhere, where we can coordinate our efforts. without flooding the XOOPS home page. It would do no good to have two people tracking the same issue.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

phppp
  • 2007/6/28 4:05

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

@KC0MAZ, can you please contact JAVesey to make your decision on team leader as soon as possible?

BlueStocking

@phppp,
I was referring to the "report" kc0maz said would need to be made sometime soon. I didn't think of that as documentations but more a note keeping planning area.
To be over written and erased when it served its purpose.
The purpose being duel, to organize and to keep their actions transparent.

When they collect information from the various forums where will they be holding the notes so one knows what the other is doing and that they are not repeating their selves.

I would like to help and have offered to as much as I am able. I have to have a place where I can input feedback to them when asked. I would not expect my input to become a part of XOOPS permanent record, and I wouldn't expect it to be obtained via pm or msn or irc. I would rather not have to guess at what this team is doing on my behalf. I would like to see the footprints, maybe make a few myself.

If something needs attention that would be within their duties to handle, it would be nice to know someone had already called their attention to it and it was being handled instead of having to pm them periodally to get an update or to tell them what they already knew.

My BlueStocking Opinion.
I don't mean to be rude, I just want to understand.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/28 4:32

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Note taking
keeping track of who is tracking what issue etc.
will be very public.

Before that we need to get together and make a plan and establish some ground rules and of course get some infrastructure in place. I don't mind if this is public or not, it just shouldn't clutter up the XOOPS home page.

I believe there is a report due on 1 July on the status of the team to project council.
--unknown

BlueStocking

Quote:

it just shouldn't clutter up the XOOPS home page ...kc0maz

The thread was started by phppp, with the intention of making it front and center. I think it should be kept that way until resolved. When it is moved into private territory and not on the home page it will become a dead issue if not properly sorted out before then.

Your team consists of you and
Sailjapan and JAVesey, who has not reported in yet?

Is that correct?

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/28 5:02

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:

The thread was started by phppp, with the intention of making it front and center. I think it should be kept that way until resolved.

I am fine with that. However once this is sorted, let's get moved.

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Your team consists of you and
Sailjapan and JVeasly, who has not reported in yet?

Is that correct?

That is correct.

I have invited all the current moderators, they have yet to respond.
--unknown

sailjapan

@ kc0maz
Thanks for the work with James and DJ helping to clarify our role. I was just a bit unsure what solely for Project meant. Still not all that comfortable with the words governed by Project Council, but that could just be me. As long as we make sure that everyone knows what everyone else needs, then no probs. Being basically a tool enabling clear and accurate passing on of requests from various groupings of the XOOPS community at large (devs are community members as much as are end-users), if a team decides to reject a request, that's not our decision, so there's not much that we'd need to be governed over, I'd imagine... except dereliction of duty perhaps.

Yup, once we're all set up, issue tracking on a wiki would work well, or possibly a ticketing system of some sort.
In the meantime, clutter or not, this is probably the best place to keep our discussions open and on record. I'll take on the recording of ideas here and post a weekly synopsis here if people think that would help us not lose track of anything important that gets posted here.

As for leadership, I think you're doing fine, kc0maz. Unless you'd rather not do it, I nominate you

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/28 11:33

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Quote:

kc0maz wrote:

1. Select a leader.

Right now there are two people
JAVesey (yet to respond)
KC0MAZ (myself)

JAVesey has responded via PM, and in so many words, declined. Very nicely worded

Quote:

phppp wrote:
you are also a good candidate according to what you have done.

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:

SIDENOTE: I think I see a leader, leading now, and doing it very well.

BlueStocking

Quote:

sailjapan wrote:
As for leadership, I think you're doing fine, kc0maz. Unless you'd rather not do it, I nominate you

Crip

By default that leaves me.

Unless there are any objections. I will take on the leadership role.

Here is how the team stands now

Team Leader:

KC0MAZ

Team Members:

Sailjapan
JAVesey

Quote:

phppp wrote:
I would suggest the team to be replaced with "community coordinator team"

I have invited all the current moderators to join this team, so far they have been unresponsive or reluctant to join. We will continue without them for now. The door is open for more team members.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits