Peekay
Re: Repository: Rules discussion
  • 2007/4/23 23:01

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I believe that offering centralised support and adopting a unified approach to development (i.e core advancement + modules) is a key feature of every open source CMS. And modules ARE the future of Xoops, because without them XOOPS is worthless.

I know it's their choice, but for my money, developers of XOOPS modules should be behind Xoops.org all the way. No matter how slick they are, none of the independent sites will ever have the visitor figures or knowledgebase that this site offers. There must be thousands and thousands of ideas, answers, tips and solutions in this forum and FAQ and that is an invaluable resource.

Plus, the devs that answer questions here gain more kudos than those that don't. And as kudos (and learning) are the primary rewards for open source software development, I can't think of a better place to get both.

IMHO
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

MadFish
  • 2007/4/24 1:38

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

From a user point of view, what I want is that when I click on the download link, the module starts to download

I don't want to be redirected, its redundant and drives me and my lousy modem connection nuts. Or to have to click through several sites to get the module (sometimes up to three, and in different languages!!!). I don't want to see a long list of package names and have to figure out which version is the latest stable one. Normal users hate that stuff.

One link, one click, one download!

davidl2
  • 2007/4/24 1:42

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Remove the "waiting" message?

Should be possible I guess

MadFish
  • 2007/4/24 1:54

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Yes that would make impatient people like me very happy

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits