Mithrandir
Re: Flexible Forms - STORED IN DB WITH REPORTING

My own site - or this thread. I'll check both.

About Excel file, is uploads writeable? Does it have a "survey" subfolder? If not, I am probably mistaken that it would be automatically created. If that's the case, I'll add an installation script to create it. Please try creating and write-enabling a subfolder to the uploads folder (XOOPS core one) and see if that helps.

Thanks for testing this.

jmass
  • 2004/12/7 21:12

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

The folder was not there. Creating it did the trick.

Edit - Not really. Creating the folder allowed the file to be saved to disk... but the created file is 0 bytes and contains no data.... After manually quering the DB it seems that the data is in fact in the DB... just not being exported.

vinit
  • 2004/12/8 8:37

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

gah, i felt asleep, coffee didnt work.
Anyway when ever you wake up its a fresh start of day, so i will start it now

Thanks Miths

gtop00
  • 2004/12/8 22:37

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Dear Mithrandir & jmass,

First of all, I’d like to add myself to the desperate ones looking for something like this. I am already running a scientific organization XOOPS site in Greece, and It is more than 3 months that I am searching and testing various modules without result

Let me explain:
I strongly believe that XOOPS is THE ideal portal for any kind of open or closed communities, clubs, organizations etc. It is almost a Turn-Key solution for such applications.
What it is really missing, is the ability to store more data for the (registered) members e.g. personal(*) and business data like name and family name (separated), address, telephone, profession, education data and more…
Also, it would be necessary to handle the membership dues (if there are) in order to keep a legal track of the membership validation.
A basic statistical and reporting tool should be incorporated too. It is very useful to be able to get some reports like “how many members are working is THAT field” or “how many members have THIS diploma degree” and so on.

QUESTION: Will the “Flexible Forms” be able to be used for this purpose, or there is already another module that covers this need?
Please not that I am not a programmer like many others who would like to use this facility.

Thank you all in advance

(*) Important: Please note that public access on some of these data is protected by law, so they must be only viewed and edited by the member itself and/or the portal administrator.

jmass
  • 2004/12/9 17:59

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

Any update as to the export not working?

Or is it something that you could not reproduce?

Mithrandir

@Jmass: I have not had the time to install a fresh module and see if I can reproduce it - as it is now, I cannot reproduce it

@gtop00: No, dynamic user profiles is not what this module is about

gtop00
  • 2004/12/10 12:38

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Thanks Mithrandir, I'am going to post it at Module Rquests as new topic.

jmass
  • 2004/12/10 14:20

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

OK.

I will tinker a bit and see if the issue is on my end.

Thanks,

jegelstaff
  • 2004/12/10 14:36

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:

What it is really missing, is the ability to store more data for the (registered) members e.g. personal(*) and business data like name and family name (separated), address, telephone, profession, education data and more...

Formulize, our ad hoc form creation and reporting module, does that, sort of.

We currently have created registration forms that are separate from the account profile forms. The account profile forms are integrated with the XOOPS core, so they are hard to modify. Instead, we have opted for a "two-step" registration process. First people create their accounts as usual. Second, they need to fill in the separate Registration form we have created to provide all the other data that needs to get tracked which isn't in the account profile.

Most users do not like this though, and to some it is extremely confusing to have this two stage process.

What we are planning on doing is creating a flexible account profile system so that you can define what fields you want in the profile, what fields show up as part of the account creation process, and also what fields are unique to which groups. We feel it is important to be able to have different account profile fields for a Researchers group as opposed to a Volunteers group.

Integrating all that with the existing account profile and registration system is not trivial. But it is something we are working on, and we will be releasing a specification for how we see such a thing working in the near future, though not sure when. I would like to see such work integrated with XOOPS 2.2.

Quote:

A basic statistical and reporting tool should be incorporated too. It is very useful to be able to get some reports like “how many members are working is THAT field” or “how many members have THIS diploma degree” and so on.

Formulize does this.

Quote:

(*) Important: Please note that public access on some of these data is protected by law, so they must be only viewed and edited by the member itself and/or the portal administrator.

[/quote]

The intended use of Formulize is only by registered users, but if you want to setup a XOOPS site so that anonymous users have access to forms, that works too.

Partial demo at:

http://demo.freeformsolutions.ca

It's all the stuff under Form Menu.

--Julian

Mithrandir

@Jmass: I cannot reproduce the error on a fresh installation, but I CAN see that I have published a not-even-near-finished version. I'll have a new one up on Monday with these things fixed (as much as I can reproduce) and with onInstall and onUninstall functions to create/remove the uploads/survey directory on installation/uninstallation.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits