skenow
Re: module to integrate phpgedview into my xoops site
  • 2005/12/7 17:16

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Another user has tried on XOOPS 2.2.x, and there are some conflicts there with the current PGVXoops. So, for now, it is compatible with XOOPS 2.0.13.x

I've just noticed the PGV 4.0 beta release, and I'm going to be testing those changes in 2.0.13.x over the next few weeks - probably won't have much to report until after the 1st of the year.

script_fu

Cool thanks for the update.

spankee
  • 2006/1/1 9:16

• spankee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

@ nbecu and his {pgvsplit} problem.
I was seeing this when I entered any of the admin screens. I fixed it by turning off gzip compression in xoops.

nbecu
  • 2006/3/16 20:36

• nbecu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/16

Thanks spankee,

I've upgradedmy XOOPS to 2.0.13 and the phpgedview works perfectly now.
Many thanks for your help.

Still, I have a little issue.

I wanted to hide some of the living persons of my genealogy to public guests (by default I've set that all living persons can be seen by anyone).
Therefore, I've used the override privacy setting tool of the module. It's in the "Edit GEDCOM privacy settings" page at the box "Person Privacy settings". There I've added the persons I wanted to hide and set them to "show only to authenticated users".

However when access my website as a public guest I still can see the persons that I have hide. Strange.

Did any of you faced the same issue?
I wonder if it's related to the linkage between the phpgedview authentification system and the authentification file of Xoops.

Any idea?

skenow
  • 2006/3/18 1:55

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

There was an initial release of the pgvxoops that included an incorrect setting in the sql/mysql.sql file causing a problem in one of my environments.

If you can use phpMyAdmin to look at your database, check the <xoopsprefix>_pgv_individuals table, and look at the i_isdead field. If the attribute UNSIGNED is set, you will have problems with the permissions functions. Change the attribute, update the field to be '-1', then go back to your pgv pages and check the display. You can also change the length of the field to 1 instead of 11.

Let me know if this helps.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits