Re: A Final Question before I go to PhpNuke
  • 2004/4/25 16:57

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I always end up doing that :)

DonXoop

thanks ozboof. It was clear from the start that he would need more than advice. I've done the same several times but those users were appreciative and willing to grasp concepts and learn enough to run with it on their own after the basic install or a fix.

So let's see this masterpiece. I promise I won't poke fun at it in public. But I'm giggling already.....

Lots of newbies with lots of redundent questions but they are usually interested in the answers and apply that new knowledge. max is not interested or willing. Sorry to say it but that attitude and abuse gets him nowhere.

Good luck and hope you don't become his personal tech slave. cripes. The internet isn't as anonymous as he thinks. He'll be seen elsewhere and get the same welcome.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/25 18:22

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

DonXoop

Max has incredible determination don't you think? While some individuals were putting him down, he carried on regardless?

From what I can see, you abused him, he abused you back? Correct me if I am wrong? Max appears to give as good as he gets.

But the XOOPS community has been ace. I am actually amazed, and feel all warm, fuzzy, and huggable after the helpful hands given by people here..

DonXoop

Quote:
JackJ wrote:
Max has incredible determination don't you think? While some individuals were putting him down, he carried on regardless?

Determined to undermine every piece of help and software out there. He does the same for other products.

Quote:
From what I can see, you abused him, he abused you back? Correct me if I am wrong? Max appears to give as good as he gets.

nope, didn't abuse him. Tried to help. Got crap for it. Gives as good? Not even close, using the same tired braindead responses that illiterate teenagers use isn't a comeback. Not clever at all.

Quote:
But the XOOPS community has been ace. I am actually amazed, and feel all warm, fuzzy, and huggable after the helpful hands given by people here..

Yeah I shed a tear for the warmth too. Just keep that child away. There are other newbies needing help and willing to learn. We don't want to scare them off. No loss of sleep over loosing max.

DonXoop

With such a diverse audience such as we have misunderstandings and language barriers are common. There is a threshold where is is clear enough that someone is being a complete dick.

So in the future I'll just back off and ignore these clowns that are hopeless. I just don't like pollution.

chao pescao.

davidl2
  • 2004/4/25 19:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I think some people have a lot more patience than I ever would. :)

CBlue

I just prefer trying to get along with newbies, even if they cause trouble sometimes. As long as they don't get too abusive. Max100 has shown that he can sometimes get along fine with us. That's enough for me at this time.

Lance_
  • 2004/4/26 0:14

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

You just wait!!!

The next step is to try to understand blocks and group permissions.

We've got another few entertaining threads coming soon!!

and the modules installs...

hyapadi
  • 2004/4/26 11:43

• hyapadi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/31

Hoho... how if XOOPS provide Idiots forum besides Beginner's Corner.^^. So everyone can ask according to their level. Hahahaha. Jk. Peacee !!!

fooups
  • 2004/4/26 12:12

• fooups

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

Quote:
how if XOOPS provide Idiots forum besides Beginner's Corner.

Good idea, but here goes the main difficulty: to find a moderator for this 'particular' forum
Who will dare?

Bye

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits