Catzwolf
Re: Advanced Downloads Module
  • 2004/3/27 11:12

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok here is the current state of affairs:

My_downloads RC2 is well underway now and about 85% complete and should be available for testing in the next few days (all going well).

Ok, I have seen that people keep going on about permissions not working, which is not surpirsing considering there a TWO bugs that cause the problem and NOT the modules which try to use this feature.

Error 1: class/grouppermform.php line 250:

Should be:

$ret = '<table class="outer"><tr><td class="odd"><table><tr>';

And NOT

$ret .= '<table class="outer"><tr><td class="odd"><table><tr>';

In modules/system/admin/groupperm.php at line 21:

Should be:

if (false != $gperm_handler->deleteByModule($modid, $perm_name)) {

and NOT

if (false != $gperm_handler->deleteByModule($modid, $permname)) {

These errors are causing module permissions to fail.

Next thing:

I will not be using the XOOPS Uploader for this module but my own uploader class in WF-Sections, because I want to be able to give webmasters more security over there downloads.

The with the XOOPS uploader the file is uploaded as its file name and this makes it easier to 'get at the' files easily. Not good if you want to have paid downloads.

ATB

Catz

kotis
  • 2004/3/27 13:11

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

I am veeeery happy that Catzwolf got his hands bak on this module. I know it should be easy for him to fix it and -judging by his work on the RC version - he will make a great module of it!!!

The bad thing is that the two changes you mention here Catzwolf are not working. I made them, i reapplied permissions just to be sure but anonymous users are unable to see downloads. Maybe there is something more r maybe you fixed something else on your MyDowloadsRC version.

I'm willing to help in case you need someone to debug your module. Please let me know...

You can find the test installation of your module here:

http://www.zortal.gr/modules/mydownloads/

Regards,
Karasardelis Kostas

carnuke
  • 2004/3/27 13:51

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
Uploader is crap as we mentioned earlier in this thread so... you have to try harder

Not on my machine it isn't! I agree it's basic, but it DOES allow files to be up/dowloaded to your server. We can only work with what we have got available and currently this IS the best we have until Mydowloads is upgraded.

Richard

i_mdiver
  • 2004/3/27 14:36

• i_mdiver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

I'd be interested in how you got uploader to work. I can install the module, it looks like it works, but it doesn't allow me to upload or download anything. Is there something I missed from the extreme lack of documentation on this module? My uploads directory even had chmod 777 rights. Does anyone have decent instructions on how to setup this module once its installed?

On another note, I've FINALLY got the mydownloadsRC1 installed and configured... and I have to admit, this ACTUALLY works well as a up/download module. Great effort on Catzwolf for helping those of us in need out!

My only critique at this point Catzwolf is that when a user uploads a file with upper and lower case letters, the file gets translated and deposited to the uploads directory in all lower case. The file is there, but the link to it has the original case that the user has submitted. For example:

ThisFile.txt gets put to the server as thisfile.txt but the link to it remainshttp://site.com/uploads/ThisFile.txt... the admin then has to modify the link, and all is well, but this could be time consuming if the site expects a large amount of traffic. Just a little bug to fix.

Thanks again!
-diver

DutchMan
  • 2004/3/28 10:18

• DutchMan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/20

Maybe kotis this is something for you. Please look at this thread

DutchMan

Catzwolf
  • 2004/3/28 11:22

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

My only critique at this point Catzwolf is that when a user uploads a file with upper and lower case letters, the file gets translated and deposited to the uploads directory in all lower case. The file is there, but the link to it has the original case that the user has submitted. For example:
-diver

Many thanks for your kind words

I now hope that I can reply to this with a few nice words of my own.

This problem that you have mentioned is well known and there should be a thread within this forum that will explain how to fix that in the meantime.

The good news is that I am currently working on My_Downloads RC2 and it's going well and I hope that I have a downloads module that will make XOOPS members proud of (LOL I hope).

Going to attach a few screenshots of the work in progress to see what you guys think?

If you have any additions, you beter get them in quick coz am on a roll :-p

carnuke
  • 2004/3/28 12:04

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

-diver,

As I said in the news item, I have only posted this link and comment about the module to try and help those who want something that is "simple and basic" I did't write the module, nor can I support it. However, I did test it before offereing the news item to XOOPS, so I know it does work ok

I configured the conf.php file according to the comments and chmod the files dir to 777 world rights. That's it. In light of Catzwolf's imminant release of the new Mydownloads (Please X100) I can only suggest we wait for the master to deliver something that we will all smile at !!

Richard

Anonymous
  • 2004/3/28 13:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

mikeh wrote:

There is a current hack of newbb that appears to offer uploading facilites to the forum, not tested it as no longer use newbb

Sorry to hear this

The newbb comes with a new overwork upload ability for attachments, with many mimitypes, ability to show images directly see here

Anonymous
  • 2004/3/28 13:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

mikeh wrote:
Have to say that to me the module development at xoops.org does seem to be rather hapzarad

Any chance of a "current state" of what module dev is at

Have a look athttp://dev.xoops.org/

Catzwolf
  • 2004/3/28 14:54

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Ok a few Screenshots for ya all

main screen

Resized Image

category listings

Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits