asche
Re: Newbb Hack - updating for 2.0.7?
  • 2004/7/22 7:48

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

... this is a great hack. Just what I was looking for. I just installed the hack and the private forum ist hidden all right. Only thing else that changed is, that I cant see "Most viewed Topics" anymore.

Looking in table NEW_Blocks I noticed, that "Most Viewed Topics", "Most Active Topics" ....are reinserted with a new id. Looking in blockadmin only the webmaster can see block "Most Viewed Topics" and set it visible again.

Is it possible to "add" "Most Viewed Topics" back to the block admin for all user_groups? Or is this expected behaviour for some reason, that these block showing overview of post from different user-groups dont work properly? Are there any more "effects" with this hack worth to be known?

Yes, it is nice to work transparent for all usergroups and forums. But I dont like to "visitors" to see the "structure of the company" by seeing the private forum. So this hack is very essential. Thanks a lot. I hope the good permission of XOOPS system keeps on improving.

regen_r8
  • 2004/7/21 2:34

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

This hack appears to run fine on 2.0.7 - the XOOPS instance on my dev machine has some other issues, I have upgraded on site to 2.0.7 and this hack appears to work fine. none of the the hacked files are affected.

I would use caution, as I have not been able to prove this out in a a controlled test. If you have a development or test server try it there, and if there are issues, I will be happy to investigate.

Cheers,

Rich

asche
  • 2004/7/20 21:30

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

I am also running XOOPS 2.0.7 an need to hide the private forums as well.

Does anybody know an easy way to do this. Would the 2.0.6 hack also run with 2.0.7 or how much adjustment has to be made. Is anybody working on hiding the private Forum in 2.0.7?

I really hope there is a solution to the problem, because on my site the non-registered users must be able to view the public forum, but may not see the private forum.

asche

file2mail
Newbb Hack - updating for 2.0.7?
  • 2004/6/26 1:54

• file2mail

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/23

Will you be updating the hack for XOOPS 2.0.7???

regen_r8
Re: Newbb Hack - updated for 2.0.6
  • 2004/4/15 21:01

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

King,

My hack doesn't use or modify groupaccess functions for two reasons:

1) most of what I wanted required that I modify sql queries that went across forums (search, index, recent topics, etc.) The SQL that is used may be less efficient than the original, because of some "outer joins".

2) I originally wrote the hack in 2002 for XOOPS 1.3.5 before the current group access "API" was as well thought out as it is now, and before I was as familiar with xoops.

-- None of the changes in this hack affect code outside of the newbb module.

king76
  • 2004/4/15 13:50

• king76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/15

Rich,

Do you have a problem with groupaccess functions ?

Look here :
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16805&post_id=80181&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=80178&forum=4#forumpost80181

I think that you must rename functions saveaccess, listgroups, etc.. because You have also some conflicts with others module (Wfsection, Mydownload, etc ..)

Thank you very much

king

king76
  • 2004/4/15 13:17

• king76

• Just popping in

Hi,

Quote:
I love your english... You sound like one of the french knights from Monty Python and the 'oly Grail...

Lol ! Your luck it's I like the Chicago Blues, also.. grrr

Quote:

Seriously, take a look at your webmaster group. Being the Admin user, it is possible that you have somehow been removed from the webmaster group. The hack cares only about group membership.

As for the script not cleaning up old forums? No it leaves everything in place, but creates a new table that you must populated with forum group access rights.

Excuse me, but I don't understand...

I've found a solution, using a new account 'king' (group admin) for access to my private forum and don't use my another account (webmaster) for logging

Thks

regen_r8
  • 2004/4/15 12:37

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

King,

I love your english... You sound like one of the french knights from Monty Python and the 'oly Grail...

Seriously, take a look at your webmaster group. Being the Admin user, it is possible that you have somehow been removed from the webmaster group. The hack cares only about group membership.

As for the script not cleaning up old forums? No it leaves everything in place, but creates a new table that you must populated with forum group access rights.

Hope this helps and good luck..

Rich

king76
  • 2004/4/15 8:08

• king76

• Just popping in

Hello regen,

You like my english ? :)

Quote:

In forum preferences you are using :
Permission Assigned by - Groups
Hide private forums from users without permission - Yes

You have a private forum to which two groups have access:
Webmaster, comite.

When you who are the site admin look at the site, you cannot see the forum, When you add yourself to the comite group, you can see the forum.

YES !

If I have interpreted the circumstances correctly, then one of two things can be true:
1) you are not in the webmaster group
>> I'm the webmaster, administrator (id=1)

2) the patch is not completely installed
>> I have updated all the files again.

* Create a new user and assign him to the webmaster group only
* determine if he can see the private forum.
>> I have created the user "testwebmaster" assigned in WEBMASTER's group (admin group) and I can see the private forum !

* if he can, the problem is likely with your user group record in webmaster group.
>> The problem is with my XOOPS Installation ??

Other Things :

- If I created one another user in group "comite", He can see the private forum...
- If I using : "Permission Assigned by - User", I can to see private forum with my account "webmaster" (group admin/webmaster)
- My table "xoops_bb_forum_group_access" is :

forum_id - group_id - can_post
1 - 2 - 0
1 - 1 - 0
2 - 1 - 1
2 - 22 - 1

The forum private id = 2 (group webmaster=1, group comite=22)

The problem is the forum_id=1, it's a old forum, that I deleted there is one moment... ?? Your script don't delete the old forum in this table ?

Thks you for helping me !

king

regen_r8
  • 2004/4/14 19:45

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

Bad ainglish not withstanding... This is what I think you said:

In forum preferences you are using :
Permission Assigned by - Groups
Hide private forums from users without permission - Yes

You have a private forum to which two groups have access:
Webmaster, comite.

When you who are the site admin look at the site, you cannot see the forum, When you add yourself to the comite group, you can see the forum.

--
If I have interpreted the circumstances correctly, then one of two things can be true:
1) you are not in the webmaster group
2) the patch is not completely installed

--
Next diagnostic steps:

* Create a new user and assign him to the webmaster group only
* if he can, the problem is likely with your user group record in webmaster group.

* If he can't see the forum, create a second user and assign him only to comite group.
* If he can see the forum, then the patch may not be completely installed. - Compare the files in the patch with those on your site.

otherwise, use a MySQL database tool such as phpmyadmin to look that the [prefix]_forum_group_access table and look at the rows for this forum. It is possible that something else has damaged the table.

Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits