Hammy
Re: Post your feature requests for the newBB
  • 2003/12/10 8:41

• Hammy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/10

Okay I've searched and searched and can't find it.

[swf 400,100]this.swf[/swf]

It drives me batty the way html is mangled.

r3g-iK
  • 2003/12/10 8:50

• r3g-iK

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/5/12

a little but useful feature:
- Printer friendly page

Niels
  • 2003/12/10 9:28

• Niels

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/19

Hallo all,

This i haven't read here, and for me one of the most wamted:

THE posiblility to use a more WYSIWYG interface so people do not al BB code to see.

Thanks
Niels

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/10 13:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
THE posiblility to use a more WYSIWYG interface so people do not al BB code to see.

The Core Team is discussing at the moment about an WYSIWYG Editor for the Core, but is has to work also for non IE User ( like me )

I guess when this problem is solved it could be a nice expanding for the newBB.

Greetz Predator

Mithrandir

as well as for the News module. Currently standing by for a decision/more info on WYSIWYG

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/10 16:35

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Having the block display a bit more selectable. As in, being able to choose which parts of the forum are displayed in a block. Trying to put a block for the forum on the left or right column tends to get slightly messy.

Also, when you post, it should bounce back down to your post afterwards instead of back to the very top of the thread. I mean, you already know what the first post said. It would make more sense to refresh back to your last post so you could see what someone posted above you if they posted while you were writing.

CBlue

Quote:

djsckizo wrote:
Also, when you post, it should bounce back down to your post afterwards instead of back to the very top of the thread. I mean, you already know what the first post said. It would make more sense to refresh back to your last post so you could see what someone posted above you if they posted while you were writing.

Precisely what I want too, djsckizo! I'd love to have this fixed.

Freetime
  • 2003/12/10 19:47

• Freetime

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/30

It's just personal request but I know that many of XOOPS and CMS users are interested in such thing.

At this moment I'm in the middle of tuning XOOPS to work as my "base engine" for all designs (2 big websites in near future to do - could be hot! Doctorant's Website for the biggest university in my country, and of course re-desing of aukcje.org (about auctions - cause it's time to establish a community-based system for website instead of static HTML) Next thing to do is my portfolio-site... but... no time to do it.

Look at the phorum.org structure (3.x) - threaded view of forum... At this moment i'm redesigning a templates of XOOPS forum to create something in this style - professional look, no emoticons or funny avatars... just a basic threaded forum.

The XOOPS forum is one and only CMS's forum system that have threaded view. Keep it. That's one of reasons to use it - for me.

Best regards

Jacek

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/10 20:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
The XOOPS forum is one and only CMS's forum system that have threaded view. Keep it. That's one of reasons to use it - for me.

Sure we will keep this

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/10 20:15

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

MithyT2 wrote:
We have already got the message that you want to use IPB or vB with XOOPS.

If you could tell what it is in particular you'd like NewBB to have, which it doesn't atm, it would be of much more use.
XOOPS is supposed to distinguish itself from others, which it doesn't by copying other work - but of course, distinguishing itself by being inferiour is not the way to go
So please be more specific.

I understand and agree with your post, but there is a question of standards that we find across many if not all Buletin Systems. All we are asking for is the same amount of flexibility. You can still acheive this by implementing this in unique ways, especially with the power of XOOPS integration, which no other system has.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits