culex
Re: xoops chat integration (like facebook) ?
  • 2010/12/2 17:22

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

@Stance The invisible status is in the options in the block

Dont know about the images not showing. Only time I have seen this in my tests is if the user dont have uploaded an avatar. But I'll try to reproduce
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Mazarin
  • 2010/12/2 17:26

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

D-oh! I forgot to add the jquery plugins.

Also, is there any way to change the default status of other people as admin? I'd rather have people being online than away as their first status.

stance
  • 2010/12/2 19:25

• stance

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/19

Culex, i've started to use it, i'll share my experience with you later. Regards and many thanks to all developer team

stance
  • 2010/12/3 13:40

• stance

• Just popping in

According to me this is not just a hard work but also is going to be like a revolution for xoops systems. Thank you all developers !

Still, I had some troubles while using it, i'm not sure if these are because of me or not, let me share my experience:

---

Resized Image

1- I think there should be an Options link in this block, i can't see it. I've checked the template of xim_tiny_footerbar and there seems that div is coded but it comes as display:none with no imagebutton to display it.

---
Resized Image

2- It says "There is a newer version" although the newest version is installed. I think this is because the system counts current version 0.991 as 0.99.

3- The more important thing here is, there are no "Preferences" link here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled XIM to get the Preferences link and bookmarked it just because of this.

---

4- The users list sometimes come empty, sometimes full. I don't know why. May be because i was working on the xim_tiny_footerbar template. Not sure. Besides, i've received some messages twice or three times from the sender.

---

5- And while checking the classes, i've seen a buddy class which has methods for creating a friendlist etc. Is this a coming feature or another thing i didn't see in this version?

---

6- A scrollbar for the users list is needed.

--

I'm sure this system will be perfect. Congratulations to you all.

Kind regards,

stance
  • 2010/12/3 14:19

• stance

• Just popping in

Another important thing, i've noticed now... It seems the module cannot be blocked for a group of users.

I've disabled the module access of a user group while the footer is on.

The template went crazy, some divs got confused and the system got all users of that group out, saying "You are not authorized to access this area"

(Xoops 2.5)

stance
  • 2010/12/3 14:40

• stance

• Just popping in

--

culex
  • 2010/12/3 15:27

• culex

• Module Developer

@stance thanks so much for testing and displaying ideas and found bugs

Here are my temporary replyes to you inputs.

Quote:
1- I think there should be an Options link in this block, i can't see it. I've checked the template of xim_tiny_footerbar and there seems that div is coded but it comes as display:none with no imagebutton to display it.

It's possible tiny is missing this option. I'll have to test. Most our conserns has been with jquery and making containers work so maybe footers has been left out a little. I'll have to come back to this after testing. But in block and normal footer options defininately is present.

Quote:
2- It says "There is a newer version" although the newest version is installed. I think this is because the system counts current version 0.991 as 0.99.

Correct. Also I noticed. Xoops modules are using only 2 decimals and my update file is using 3. This will be corrected when going 1.00 1.01 etc etc

Quote:
3- The more important thing here is, there are no "Preferences" link here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled XIM to get the Preferences link and bookmarked it just because of this.

In admin for xim the preferences are located in the right corner. There are 2 icons (I believe the 1st is preferences and 2nd is admin)

Quote:
4- The users list sometimes come empty, sometimes full. I don't know why. May be because i was working on the xim_tiny_footerbar template. Not sure. Besides, i've received some messages twice or three times from the sender.

This problem also happened with normal footer when user is "Hidden"...I'll look into this, should be easily fixed

Quote:
5- And while checking the classes, i've seen a buddy class which has methods for creating a friendlist etc. Is this a coming feature or another thing i didn't see in this version?

This is a comming feature we have prepared. I think andrax is working on this but in 1.00 but this will come after 1,00

Quote:
6- A scrollbar for the users list is needed.

This is true, but unless a very simple fix for this comes up this will not be fixed until after 1.00[/quote]

Quote:
I've disabled the module access of a user group while the footer is on.

I havent noticed this before. Maybe something caching could be, try to clean caches... or maybe something in 2.50 (my maintests has been with 2.4.5 and there I havent noticed) but I'll give it some testing

Programming is like sex:

Mazarin
  • 2010/12/4 22:59

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

When using the XIM block together with AMS, the submit article page of AMS gives me this error:

Information: Undefined index: set i fil /modules/xim/blocks/b_instantmessenger.php rad 90

culex
  • 2010/12/4 23:31

• culex

• Module Developer

Quote:

When using the XIM block together with AMS, the submit article page of AMS gives me this error:

Information: Undefined index: set i fil /modules/xim/blocks/b_instantmessenger.php rad 90

This probably only happens when your not logged in. With anonymous users this loop is undefined
Programming is like sex:

Mazarin
  • 2010/12/5 0:35

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

No, it happens when I'm logged in (anonymous users can't even access that page).

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits