Mamba
Re: Error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile'
  • 2010/2/16 8:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

OK, it's fixed.

You've got confused with the whole /xoops_lib and /xoops_data directories.

The problem was that you've created something like this:

/xoops_data
---caches
---configs
---xoops_data2
-------caches
-------configs

The permissions for caches/smarty_compile were set correctly in /xoops_data2, but wrongly in the /xoops_data, and since mainfile.php was pointing to /xoops_data, you were getting errors.

Similar situation with the /xoops_lib. But here the permission were not important. The problem was that the Protector couldn't see its files in the /xoops_lib, so all modules in the install were not visible.

Anyway, this now fixed, and it should worked. I've installed the Protector module for you, and you can install the other two.

I also moved these xoops_lib and xoops_data directories out of you document root, so you should be now all set.

Good luck and happy Xoopsing!

qolspony
Re: Error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/var/www/html/xoops/htdocs/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile'
  • 2010/2/16 19:29

• qolspony

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/12

Thanks Mamba for your assistance. I'm most appreciable for the time you have given me. As of this time, this current manner has resolved.

Thanks again.

Mamba
Re: Error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/var/www/html/xoops/htdocs/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile'
  • 2010/2/16 20:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You're welcome - I'm glad I was able to help and resolve it.

I saw that you have couple more Websites in planning.

You can reuse the your /xoops_lib equivalent for them as well (just pointing to it as you did in your current Websites mainfile.php).

However, you would have to set up individual /xoops_data folders for each of the new Websites (and call them whatever you want).

piyush410
Re: Error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir 'htdocs/xoops_data/ caches/smarty_compile'
  • 2013/9/11 11:54

• piyush410

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/9/10

i have a same problem in xoops 2.5
how can solve it?
give me your contact i need your help.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits