BlueStocking
Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down

by Peekay on 2007/7/9 14:38:00

Peekay,
First, thank you for discussing this with me on this forum and at this appropiate time. I am not going to tell you what will be coming, because I do not know. I do know what I will be doing in the next week or so and that is gathering the information that allows me to make the best judgement I can as to where to route community questions that I am not qualified to answer.

Call it getting your ducks in a row.

As of now, unless someone tells me differently (site owner) Anything that doesn't seem to be getting answered here and is not core related, I will route tohttp://xoopsinfo.com
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/7/9 21:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Correct - the XOOPSInfo team have not been told otherwise about any change in status.

James said he was concentrating purely with XOOPSInfo - which is the new Community Forum.

Peekay
  • 2007/7/9 22:10

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:
XOOPSInfo - which is the new Community Forum.

Thx davidl2. Is that now 'official'? Plus, is every xoops.org member going to have to re-register at xoopsinfo.com?

What is happening to this site? I thought it was going to be archived. The only reason I posted in this thread in the first place was that BlueStocking was asking for input on a method to select threads for purging.

I know I'm going to regret asking this but where is the module repository going to be?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BlueStocking

@Davidl2

Thank you for that information.
Please hang around here and help to gently reroute general user questions to xoopsinfo.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Northern
  • 2007/7/10 5:18

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:

James said he was concentrating purely with XOOPSInfo - which is the new Community Forum.

then some one need to start making some rederects.

MadFish
  • 2007/7/10 6:04

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Making any suggestions at all is getting a bit tedious.

I agree. Is there a formal process for making submissions to the Project Council, and having them reviewed? Could we please have one? I feel like the only way to get an idea even looked at on xoops.org is to lay siege to the management!

Re. the database performance issues raised above:

* The size of the xoops.org database can be dramatically reduced by cleaning out the old personal messages and notifications.

* This is how to do it. Takes a few minutes.

tom
  • 2007/7/10 10:52

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Yawn...........................

Perhaps an official response could be made here from the council overseeing the project?

I know James normally deals with getting servers back on-line, and he was dealing with the transfer to the brand spanking new servers.

Has DJ got a replacements for this valuable and vital member of the server team?
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

Dave_L
  • 2007/7/10 11:03

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

This thread has diverged from its original topic, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

What do you want the council to respond to? I'll try to provide an answer.

gtop00
Re: dev.xoops.org IS NOT down
  • 2007/7/10 13:41

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
This thread has diverged from its original topic, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

What do you want the council to respond to? I'll try to provide an answer.

@ Dave_L: Is xoopsinfo an official XOOPS support site that will replace these forums? YES or NO. If yes, then ANNOUNCE IT in the NEWS.

Quote:
From moving forward

Only Core Development related discussion will be held at www.xoops.org. All community support will be held elsewhere.

IF you ask me, I would prefer:
“Core Development related discussions” would be held at dev.xoops.
“User Support related discussions” should be held HERE as-is. xoops.org used to be and still is a USER’s place.
Any new start should be related to a XOOPS new start (like XoopsSphere for example…)

BTW, when we are going to read an announcement about the establishment of the new teams?

Dave_L
Re: dev.xoops.org IS NOT down
  • 2007/7/10 15:12

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

xoopsinfo.com is a community support site, operated by its owners/administrators independently of the project.

xoops.org, or at least a subdomain, will have forums. I don't know exactly what role these forums will take.

A few of the council members are tasked with drafting the plan for the reorganized *.xoops.org sites. That's still underway, and I don't have the details yet.

Most of the teams have submitted their reports. These reports are being reviewed. When that's complete, the teams will be announced.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits