culex
Re: Xajax+Xoops Smarty Templates
  • 2009/7/26 15:44

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

*lol* yeah your absolutely right. God thing I didnt make it so complicated. Maybe by doing it from file it can more easily avoid the cache problem :) Thanks Trabis, I'll get it a go :)
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

iunderwood

I ran across this in one of the updated Kaotik tutorials, but I haven't tested it. I believe this can turn off the cache for a given instance:

$xoopsTpl->xoops_setCaching(0);

Now, depending on how many people are using your OnAir block, a short cache may not be all that bad of an idea. I haven't really tested it fully since I'm only setting caching to 0 on admin pages.
++I;
Resized Image

culex
  • 2009/7/27 12:10

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

I got it :)

Finally I got it to work. The advice from Trabis didnt solve it completely but made it so much more simple to get an over-view of the idea.

I deleted the intire dhtml ticker thing as I realised I didnt needed. I just needed the script to replace the contents in the same container <div> only with different interval.

I mantained the 2 checkfiles inspired by hervés article and used Jquery to replace the content calling the tpl directly as Trabis adviced.

And it works perfectly. Maybe not the pretties coding in the world but it gets the job done, and maybe I picked up something new along the way ;)

See the new updated 1.04 here
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

trabis
  • 2009/7/27 12:46

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

culex wrote:
And it works perfectly. Maybe not the pretties coding in the world but it gets the job done, and maybe I picked up something new along the way ;)

Yeah, that's how we build a house, brick after brick!
I'm glad for you :)

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits