rowdie
Re: [PAID WORK] Xoops needs....
  • 2005/8/14 22:00

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

All data? Xoopspoll has the poll id, option id, user id and IP address... not really that useful. Viewing the poll results pretty much shows the same thing.

davidl2
  • 2005/8/14 22:08

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

So it certainly needs the logging adding then.

LazyBadger

RSSFit
- NewBB2 plugin. Currently it generates a lot of copies of each record, must be - 1
- SmartFAQ plugin. Show delirium instead of "normal" data in feed's item title, see Q&A and feed for this Q&A
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

rowdie
  • 2005/8/14 22:18

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

I mean it needs more than just an interface to the available data.

I'm working on Xpoll, a module that was supposed to just be adding a few extra features to xoopspoll. It's turned into a much bigger project though, as I wasn't satisfied with just adding to the limited features of the original.

Xpoll is only for XOOPS 2.2 and higher, so I didn't mention it in this thread - it's not just a few minor changes anymore, which is what you were requesting.

If you have suggestions for a *real* logging function, I'd be happy to hear them at the dev site. (to keep this thread on topic)

Rowd

davidl2
  • 2005/8/14 22:29

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Good work Rowdie... its a good step indeed (Although - as you said - away from the original thread idea very slightly )

Please keep this compatible with the original module in name if possible... then it will work with newbb/cbb/etc - and other modules that use XoopsPoll

artigas
  • 2005/8/14 23:46

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

Here is a link to a whole bunch of sugestions for enhancing xoopspoll.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=34069&forum=4&post_id=147989#forumpost147989

Hope This Helps
Regards,
Roberto Artigas
If you move one grain of sand at a time to the same location eventually you will create a mountain.

davidl2
  • 2005/8/25 13:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Rowd - what's the latest on this?

I have spoken to someone willing to develop the project as a paid module, but the cost would be far too much for myself to be able to afford... although I'm sure the resulting work would be excellent....

rowdie
  • 2005/8/25 19:12

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Rowd - what's the latest on this?

I have spoken to someone willing to develop the project as a paid module, but the cost would be far too much for myself to be able to afford... although I'm sure the resulting work would be excellent....

hmm, interesting choice of words... So are you saying my work won't be any good because I'm not being paid for it, or are you offering to pay me as long as it's not very much? Together with a demand for a release date, I think that's pretty rich... hehe

I've replied to similar enquiry by Wardick on the xpoll dev space - I think that's the info you're looking for. If not, please comment in the forums there - I'm still trying to keep this thread on topic

Cheers,
Rowd

Login

Who's Online

100 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 100

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits