Mithrandir
Re: Xoops overloading my Server

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Just to note (unrealated to overload thing) - I went on site and have admin's rights on News module (see links "Edit" and "Delete" on front page)
Probably just caching that is causing that. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to actually edit or delete anything.

Skythe
  • 2005/4/30 17:50

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Sorry - missed that one.

I get
Quote:
Page generated in 0.354 Seconds | 32 Queries

as anonymous. Where do you reach 1000+ queries? Is it only when logged in?

I think it was Dave_L's script. The # of querries have gone down to 30 for me too now that I removed it. Oo

@LazyBadger
I'm seeing the same thing when not logged in. You cant actually edit or delete, but Id really like to remove it of course. Any ideas? How does this work anyway, I thought it would generate and store 1 page for each visitor based on their ranks. Not my admin version for everyone...

Mithrandir

Currently, the caching system looks solely at two things:

1) Requested URI
2) Cache time

If the cache time is set to more than zero, it will save a cache file with the output and serve that, the next time the URI is requested. Regardless of who is viewing it - unless the module developer has overridden it in his code (it is possible to perform a check to see if the user is a privileged one and if so, turn off caching - it will still cache for non-privileged users). This works fine for some modules, but e.g. not for newbb where each post in a thread can have different options available depending on who is viewing it and therefore caching is not much use there.

XOOPS 2.1.0 will have the possibility of creating "cache groups" in the module code, so you can have one cached version for anonymous users, one for news moderators and one for regular registered users - if implemented in the module.

Skythe
  • 2005/5/1 10:29

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Okay so the only way to remove edit / delete is to remove <{$story.adminlink}> from the template? grr :(

Thanks a lot mithrandir!

FlySwatter
  • 2005/5/5 22:20

• FlySwatter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

<Lurking>

Quote:
I edited that FAQ to clarify the instructions.

Not quite clear enough for a country boy

Quote:
(function queryF in class XoopsMySQLDatabase)

Is the above line something that refers to a needed entry or can I just paste the script at the end of the file?

Thanks - Lance

Dave_L
  • 2005/5/5 22:36

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
class/database/mysqldatabase.php (function queryF in class XoopsMySQLDatabase)

That simply tells you where to put the code (highlighted in red).

class XoopsMySQLDatabase extends XoopsDatabase
function &
queryF($sql$limit=0$start=0)

$sql $sql' LIMIT '.(int)$start.', '.(int)$limit;
   }
   [
color=ff0000]>>> code goes here <<<[/color]

$result =& mysql_query($sql$this->conn);

brash
  • 2005/5/5 23:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

Skythe wrote:
http://www.planetsmilies.com/

see my first post

When I first load the page I get this;

Quote:

Page generated in 0.436 Seconds | 52 Queries

However after clicking the "main" link a few times I get this;

Quote:

Page generated in 44.839 Seconds | 18278 Queries

You've got a SERIOUS quiries monster in there somewhere. This kind of load WILL NOT be coming from the XOOPS core (otherwise their would be a lot more compliants), which pretty much leaves us with modules. Can you list exactly what version of the News and NewBB modules you are using Skythe? Have you made any modifications?

Skythe
  • 2005/5/6 17:30

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Quote:

brash wrote:

When I first load the page I get this;

Quote:

Page generated in 0.436 Seconds | 52 Queries

However after clicking the "main" link a few times I get this;

Quote:

Page generated in 44.839 Seconds | 18278 Queries

You've got a SERIOUS quiries monster in there somewhere. This kind of load WILL NOT be coming from the XOOPS core (otherwise their would be a lot more compliants), which pretty much leaves us with modules. Can you list exactly what version of the News and NewBB modules you are using Skythe? Have you made any modifications?

Yeah I know I was going to post the same right now. Today I'm getting things like 170.288 Seconds | 20972 Queries.

News v1.1
NewBB v1

Cant be NewBB imho, 0.157 Seconds | 49 Queries there.

The only change I did to News (apart from templates) that I can think of is that I removed the news category link in the title bar. There might have been others I dont remember now though.

I also changed some things in misc.php and one file in kernel or class to change the way tables are done by XOOPS (globally). When you enter blocks or some module's preferences in the Admin area the page displayed there will show the changes. Like I added the links "back to main" and "top" to the bottom of every table that is generated by XOOPS (not templated) and they also show in the admin area now. I did this ages ago though.

EDIT: Found it: \class\xoopsform\themeform.php
I'll gonna try with an unaltered backup now and see if that changes anything.

Skythe
  • 2005/5/6 17:46

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Hmm now with the original file its back down to 0.817 Seconds | 57 Queries for me. Could be just another caper though. A said before the number of querries seems to go up and down for no obvious reason these last few weeks. t.t

brash
  • 2005/5/7 3:26

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Now getting this;

Quote:

Page generated in 37.128 Seconds | 22874 Queries

If you're not 100% sure of all the modification you did, then my advice would be to backup, and then upload a new and unaltered version of Xoops, News and NewBB. Pain in the rear end, but your shooting in the dark otherwise.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits