rowdie
Re: NEW FOURM LOGO
  • 2005/3/31 19:56

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

What exactly did you install? The image set or the Newbb2 files?

It sounds like you had newbb1, and have now uploaded newbb2 over it. If that's the case, you'll need to run the upgrade script I think. Look for a readme file in the newbb2 folder about upgrading. The image set that you see here is the default set for newbb2. Once you've installed it properly you'll see the blue buttons

For reference:
Link to the newbb2 development site. You can get the latest files there.

davidtillyer

Hi Rowdie,
Thank you, for your reply. Can I not un-install newbb1 (or the current confused one) and upload newbb2?

and is it this one? XOOPS2_mod_newbb_2.02.zip

DT

rowdie
  • 2005/3/31 20:52

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

XOOPS2_mod_newbb_2.02.zip is the latest release, yes.

If you haven't got any data to loose from newbb1, then you could upload the original xoops_version.php file from newbb1, then uninstall the module through the XOOPS system admin->modules.

Or first try the upgrade script from newbb2, it should fix the situation you're in now. And it has the advantage of not having to loose data.

davidtillyer

I have done this and in the Imageset folder I now have two additional folders "de" and "en" plus 3 other files along with the ori defult folder.

Now when I go to my "Control Panal" hover over the "Fourm" button and click on "Preferances" I get a LONG list, titaled "Module Config Options"

The top onr "Image set" ONLY has the default as an option !!

What now?

DT

rowdie
  • 2005/4/1 1:18

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

That's the standard install, there is only a default image set. The buttons you see here are part of the default image set.

The de and en folders are strange, I only have english and german folders inside the default folder of imagesets.

Have you uploaded all the folders of newbb2? Including the image folder? It could be that you are missing the images for the tabs, which might prevent you from seeing the tab options. The tabs have the links to creating categories and forums, it might explain why you are having so many problems with this

davidtillyer

I have looked and all the folders are uploaded including ALL the images and the image folder.

I can still not work out why I can NOT start a topic.

Let be be sure what folder should I find the big blue buttons in eg: "New Topic" etc Please can someone tell me...

DT

tic174
  • 2005/4/1 9:07

• tic174

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

Hey there, the blue buttons for "new topic" etc can be found here:-

www.yoursite.com/modules/newbb/images/imagesets/default/english

Hope i helped

[WPC]Tic

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits