jorgebarrero
Re: OT Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops

About the wysiwyg editors.

Usually I end up editing html on dreamweaver, copy & paste on th html mode for several reasons.

1. I can not use theme css styles, (I had to use a triki way just to se the same styles of the theme on the SPAW editor I imagine the kiovi editor has the same problem)

2. There is no way to edit the css form the editor.

3. There should be a better way to create folders for images. I think all images shoul be placed in only one folder (and folders with in) instead of puting them just anyware.

4. It would be a killer app if it could write Math notations (But this is may be to much to ask.

5. Table manegament is really difficult.

I have a mailing program and uses a simple strategy. Every time you need to edit an html field on the data base. the editor apears on a blank window. Just the editor, with every function needed.

I think that is really nonsense to have somthing different to a full fetuared HTML editing software if what you need is to edit html. Other wise let people just write plain text.

a separate window can have major advantages.

You can use any editor you like (and select it form the XOOPS Adm Panel).

You do not need to display a bunch of icons if you are editing other fields and no html area is involved.

I would like to help with the project. I think is a very good idea.

Tks

Jorge Barrero

irmtfan
Re: OT Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops
  • 2005/2/5 6:50

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

samuels wrote:
You can change text direction globally changing line 84 on formwysiwygtextarea.php

$this->setDirection("ltr");

by:

$this->setDirection("rtl");

The default font will be defined by your css theme file when you submit the content.

In next versions I'll add an option to attach css files to the editor and you'll be able to control this.

i change that line but still its "ltr" in screen
thanks for your attentions

hervet
  • 2005/2/5 9:20

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

samuels wrote:
In the following days I want to make a review about some editors, (Htmlarea, Koivi, Fckeditor, Spaw and TinyMce)
The topics; speed, functions e.t.c

Samuels,

You can be very proud of what you have made, it's really an excellent job !
For the review, I'll be interested by reading it too.

Bye,
Hervé

samuels
  • 2005/2/5 11:21

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

@irmtfan
Strange, can I see your site?

@Hervet
Ok, I'll send when I finish it.

Marco
  • 2005/2/5 11:27

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

@samuel
do you plan to implement a light xkoivi, I mean a version with less buttons, and only main buttons !
Standart XOOPS editor is too hard for non xoopsers, and they do not know about XOOPS tags. If you want to display a word in bold, it's very difficult to understand what to do exactly
With koivi, it's like in MS Word
But as I can see there are a lot of icons/buttons
Would be nice to make a light version with only basic buttons (hide buttons?)...
perhaps is it still possible with this version ???
marco

samuels
  • 2005/2/5 13:10

• samuels

• Quite a regular

When you build the wysiwyg editor object you can use the parameter 'small' to make a toolbar with few buttons.

Example:
XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea( _MD_CONTENTC, 'content2', $content, '100%', '400px','small');

If you want you can build your own buttons array
Example:

$myToolbar= array('bold','forecolor','hilitecolor');

And when you call the wysiwyg editor:

XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea( _MD_CONTENTC, 'content2', $content, '100%', '400px',$myToolbar);

On docs you have a complete list with all buttons.

Marco
  • 2005/2/5 14:12

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

thanks sam !
marco

LazyBadger
Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops

Quote:
Open file xoopsroot/include/functions.php and look for function redirect_header. The line with the body-tag have to look like this:

<body onload="void(location.href=\''.$url.'\');">

At least this tried part of recipe give me small headache - in form of "blank page"... Changed only redirect-template eliminate (as I see in short run) redirection problem.

HTH

irmtfan
  • 2005/2/5 20:56

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

sam
what can i do? the screen is still ltr for me. i delete cache and everything. test it with both IE and firefox

samuels
  • 2005/2/5 22:05

• samuels

• Quite a regular

I need to study what is different on your config. Let me some time to find the problem.

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits