Re: [EDITO] Editio 2.3 version for test
  • 2005/2/1 10:07

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Here is a question for you solo.

Before I did a clean install of edito I exported my old tables through phpmyadmin.

Good idea.

Quote:

Now I noticed that in this version you changed "id_edito" to "id_content", which I have changed in my sql file. You also added 1 or 2 extra fields.

I did this for a very good reason. Now if you need to clone that module, all you will need to do is to replace the "edito" and "EDITO" code/words in each and every files of the module (name of the concerned files as well, of course). And that's it.

The "content" code/words do not need to be changed to be compatible with a cloned module.

Hopefully, this is what is planned (and not totally tested with this brand new version )

Quote:
What option would I use to import this data back into the new tables? I try running the querie as is with the change for each separate entry, 3 in all, get a successful query but nothing is inserted.

I didn't made the test, as I previously said. But here is the way I would proceed.

1) In your SQL manager, copy the edito tables (edito_bak).
2) Uninstall and remove the old edito version from your XOOPS site (the normal way).
3) Install from scratch the Edito 2.6 version.
4) Return in your SQL manager and compare the tables (edito_bak - old version and edito-new version).
5) Add in the "edito_bak" table the missing rows (pay attention to the rank those rows are!
6) Remove the new Edito table (edito) and rename the old ones (edito_bak to edito).
7) If your edito's dont show up correctly on your site, edit and save them to fill in the missing rows with the needed datas.

As I said, I didn't tested this, but hopefully, this should work.

Please, let me know!

jdseymour

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try later as it is close to time for work.

WarDick
  • 2005/2/1 11:08

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Hi Solo

I just tried to reinstall as you suggested I got the 2.3 version installed and I get nothing but a blank page when attempting to create an edito. I am very anxious to get it to work though. This module looks like a major step forward. If only I could get the first one created!

solo71
  • 2005/2/1 11:44

• solo71

• Module Developer

That's really weird. I have reinstalled the above version from scratch on a 2.0.9 XOOPS site (local) and everything is working fine.

And the phpdebug gives nothing ?

EDIT : Try to create a new edito without the koivi editor (check in the module settings - desactivate the wysiwyg edito).

WarDick
  • 2005/2/1 11:55

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

I just finished installing 2.3 on a 2.0.7.3 a 2.0.9 and a 2.0.9.2 on two different domains and I just get a blank only on the create edito everything else seems to be working perfectly. I have tried without koivi but no joy. No debug output. Do I have a permission wrong. I can give you admin access to one domain if you think it would help.

solo71
  • 2005/2/1 13:12

• solo71

• Module Developer

Quote:

WarDick wrote:
I can give you admin access to one domain if you think it would help.

Yes, please... I want to see that.

WarDick
  • 2005/2/1 13:25

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

O.K. this is a XOOPS 2.0.9.2 with edito 2.3 install any help would be appreciated. Please check your PM.

Thank You!

solo71
  • 2005/2/1 16:00

• solo71

• Module Developer

Ok, I have checked, and you are right, there is a problem on the content.php file. The problem is... that I have no idea where it does come from..?

I have tested the module on a online website and it works perfectly fine.

Could you please re-upload all the files and try again ?

EDIT : I have found a bug in that file. Please download this update and remplace the 'edito/admin/content.php' with this one. I'm not sure this is what we are looking for... but, hey, we can have a go, isn't?

solo71
  • 2005/2/1 18:52

• solo71

• Module Developer

Ok, it's working now. Although, I have no idea why it failed. Maybe due to a wrong upload?

For your information, a guide is on the way. Just be a little bit patient.

WarDick
  • 2005/2/1 19:20

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

Awesome!!

Installation is straight forward. It works out of the box with default settings. This is definitely a module to consider for your website. With the integration of the Koivi editor it makes a versatile, very powerful addition to our content tools.. Now that it works there is not much need for instructions it is self explanatory.

Thank You sir a job well done!!

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits