LazyBadger
Re: Module for Happy Birthday Greetings

Quote:

MikeFalcor wrote:
Just did a search for 'birthday' and I came up with nothing in the Mod Rep...
I found this module in SF repository, slightly improve it (using own ideas, not hands) and have installed it on Modules Proving Ground (unreacheable now, I had to wait Monday) - module's block placed on main page
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

DarinAllan

yeah have quite a bit of experience installing modules thats not to say I havent made a mistake in this case lol, I will try again and also try the others if I have no luck cheers!

DarinAllan

Ok found the problem, well this worked for me I had extracted the zip and put it in a folder called Birthdays, I then did as instructed eg. from your read me: "If you want to show a link in the user menu, replace the the original 'system_block_user.html' file by the one included.

/!\ Don't forget to update the 'system' module."

The problem seemed to be that I had uploaded the folder which contained that to the modules also eg. system ? mettre ds system de XOOPS (invalid encoding) I deleted this folder from within the Module and voila It worked.

Just one thing which I believe is mentioned on French Xoops, is there a way to not enter the year of birth I just know the women members aint gonna like people to see there age lmao!

Thanx for all your help and the module I will also check the others out Cheers.....Darin.

scrapie
  • 2007/3/29 22:41

• scrapie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/24

I got this one to install, however it doesn't do anything????

I click on the link on the front page ::happy birthday:: and it takes me to update my birthday, nothing else. Dont see anywhere it says happy birhtday or any of the features you talk about.

Also how do I get the english to work, its all french????

I am now using 2.0.16 will this make a difference????
Scrapie ...

elbwasser
  • 2007/4/5 13:47

• elbwasser

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/19

The modul works fine, also with XOOPS 2.2. but you must delete the "system à mettre ds system de xoops" folder in the modulfolder. the "system_block_user.html" inside this folder has to be in the "modules/system/templates" folder only. In other case the modul won´t work and you can´t see the block i.e. on your Toppage.

What you have to do to get english month instead of frenchoverwrite the month in the include/functions.php

Regs Chris

mjz55
  • 2007/7/5 14:22

• mjz55

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/1/18

I got it to work, pretty simple.

Is there a way to get to a database to print out everyone's birthday for a given month? I see there is no admin or anything.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits