m0nty
Re: XOOPS 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9.2 disasters
  • 2005/1/18 1:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

louisg1 wrote:
I lost the ability to display tables correctly. for tables that are suppose to have borders on the inside of the table don't. and if i don't use MS frontpage to design the table it looks like crpat when i copy and paste the code from another design program like dreamweaver.

thats more a theme and stylesheet issue and not really related to this thread..

the faq section may help you regarding that..

but i find the opposite to you, when i used frontpage it looked crap and M$ puts it's other crap into the source.. whereas dreamweaver i just use as a pure editor and never have problems with..

louisg1
  • 2005/1/18 3:10

• louisg1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 4

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
Quote:

louisg1 wrote:
I lost the ability to display tables correctly. for tables that are suppose to have borders on the inside of the table don't. and if i don't use MS frontpage to design the table it looks like crpat when i copy and paste the code from another design program like dreamweaver.

thats more a theme and stylesheet issue and not really related to this thread..

the faq section may help you regarding that..

but i find the opposite to you, when i used frontpage it looked crap and M$ puts it's other crap into the source.. whereas dreamweaver i just use as a pure editor and never have problems with..

Well mine was working correctly before i upgraded and this is the only problem i have had so therfore it must be a XOOPS problem it worked before the upgrade and also i have even tried it on the default theme for the site i get the same problem

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 3:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

have u tried editing the theme.html and style.css files? as the XOOPS core doesn't really do anythin regard to presentation.. it's the themes and stylesheets & templates that affect those and not XOOPS core itself..

louisg1
  • 2005/1/18 3:39

• louisg1

• Just popping in

i switched to different themes trying to fix it. it is a XOOPS issue not a theme issue

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 3:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

switching themes will not make a difference if those themes are designed to be like that.. try editing them..

actually, maybe provide a pic or a link to take a look.. but it's a theme issue not a XOOPS issue..

if i'm wrong, then i will apologise and say i'm wrong, but i don't think i am, and from what ur describing tells me it's a theme issue..

louisg1
  • 2005/1/18 17:26

• louisg1

• Just popping in

I switched the theme and template set both to default and it still didn't look right. As i said this worked before the upgrade. even on default so this is a XOOPS problem.

Mithrandir

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
sorry now u say it that way, you are right there is a couple lines difference..

the 2.0.7.1 release had an upgrade file which u had to execute if u were upgrading from previous versions, which updated mainfile.php.. so u have a fair point there, maybe a dev can give more info relating to that.. as i don't recall seeing that update file in the 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2 patch..

The change is merely that if the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH is not set, it will not try to include common.php (which will fail if XOOPS_ROOT_PATH is not set) and therefore not throw an error, disclosing the server path.

When upgrading an existing XOOPS installation, it is assumed that the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH constant is defined and therefore it is not necessary to manually apply the check.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 19:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

thanks for the explanation Mith :)

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 19:26

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

louisg1 wrote:
i switched to different themes trying to fix it. it is a XOOPS issue not a theme issue

maybe you should read the faq and documentation..

maybe your templates need editing again.. or your theme or style.css..

maybe lines in the css file such as:

td#leftcolumn {width: 170px; border-right: 1px solid #cccccc; font-size:12px;}

td#centerCcolumn div.blockContent {border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; border-right: 1px solid #cccccc; border-bottom: 1px solid #dddddd; padding: 3px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 120%;}

you see the border-right: 1px etc etc they control borders..

i'm trying to help you, but if you aren't willing to listen and just want to keep pointing the finger saying it's a XOOPS problem then fine.. i'm giving you information relating to the PROBLEM you described (based on my perception of what u described).. if you have more information please provide it.. a link to your site or screenshots etc to show me and any1 else what your actual problem is etc.. cos i'm at a loss here with the very brief description you are giving..

louisg1
  • 2005/1/19 4:43

• louisg1

• Just popping in

ok after reading your post i went back and found the problem and fixed it i deleted the information for the borders on tables.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits