irmtfan
Re: Newbb Pro (attachments, mark read ...)
  • 2004/3/7 0:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

great work

finally we can delete one post.

btw some herve hack in newbbex module are usefull for example admin show like phpbb & Replace user's name with real name in forums

think about it good luck

mpowell
  • 2004/3/7 7:12

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

After installing your hack I now only get a white page when I click on one of my forums. Now what? I found the instructions hard to follow as well. Please make upgrade instructions more simple. I mean do I copy over files or just run the upgrade php (which I get errors on) or both?

Thanks

mpowell

JackJ
  • 2004/3/7 12:20

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Quote:

mpowell wrote:
After installing your hack I now only get a white page when I click on one of my forums. Now what? I found the instructions hard to follow as well. Please make upgrade instructions more simple. I mean do I copy over files or just run the upgrade php (which I get errors on) or both?

Thanks

mpowell

Can you go to general settings and switch on php debug and then post the results here?

To install you overwrite your newbb files and run the upgrade script. Then you go to system/admin modules and click on the "update" icon to the right of the newbb module.

It is safer when overwriting files to first rename your old newbb folder on your server to something else, and then upload the new one, this provides you with a backup copy if anything goes wrong.

If you are getting errors the phpdebug should help to trace the source

regards

samuels
  • 2004/3/7 12:51

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

New version NewBB Pro 1.02:

-Solved some harcoded texts.
-Solved some misstipes (Thks Mithrandir).
-Now Attachments have group permissions.

Instructions for installation.

Fresh installation:

Just install module

Update from original newbb

1-Copy newbb_to_newbb_pro1.php to your site, open it on browser and click on update.
2-Copy newbb_pro1_to_newbb_pro102.php to your site, open it on browser and click on update.
3-Overwrite original newbb module and refresh it on modules admin panel.
4-Delete newbb_to_newbb_pro1.php and newbb_pro1_to_newbb_pro102.php

Update from newbb pro 1

1-Copy newbb_pro1_to_newbb_pro102.php to your site, open it on browser and click on update.
2-Overwrite original newbb module and refresh it on modules admin panel.
3-Delete newbb_pro1_to_newbb_pro102.php

For future versions I think some people would like permissions for attach downloading, editing posts, reply e.t.c (like phpbb or vbulletin)
But I can't change the bd with every update. The better way for continue development is discussing about the bd structure. It's very important to make the table structures
and don't change it.

I'm too new with php programming and any contribution to this will be gratefully received.

Vict0r
  • 2004/3/7 13:58

• Vict0r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 1

I updated from newbb to the pro102 and it seems to be working great.. congrats..

Finally, I can delete only the posts I want.

I have a little problem with the read/unread postings.
I click and read a topic but for some reason the logo doesn't change to the faded envelope. Should read the topic longer or maybe it is going to change later?

Thank you again and I would really appreciate it if you could help me with my little problem :)

Victor

samuels
  • 2004/3/7 14:51

• samuels

• Quite a regular

@Vict0r
Make sure your newbb/images/folder.gif is different than newbb/images/red_folder.gif

Hennessy
  • 2004/3/8 1:06

• Hennessy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

I tried this on a windows server and it doesn't seem to be working. Php debug is giving errors of an undefined index in /modules/newbb/index.php line 156...

Also, when I click the button in the updater scripts (both of them) nothing seemed to happen... it just reloaded the page.

I am also getting errors of an undefined index mark_read...

mpowell
  • 2004/3/8 2:04

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

This is what I get when I try to run the upgrade script:

[/quote]
Warning: main(mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/baptist/public_html/generalbaptist/modules/newbb/up_newbb_pro1.php on line 60

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/baptist/public_html/generalbaptist/modules/newbb/up_newbb_pro1.php on line 60

XOOPS NEWBB Hack ¦w¸ËºëÆF

¦w¸Ë NEWBB Hack

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/baptist/public_html/generalbaptist/modules/newbb/up_newbb_pro1.php on line 66 [/quote]

The other one with the blank page is just gone. I deleted newbb and then tried to reinstall my old one and XOOPS will not let me saying that the database already exists or something like that, so now I have no forum on that site at all.

mpowell

Vict0r
  • 2004/3/8 4:36

• Vict0r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 1

mpowell.. run it from the main dir /... not from modules/ or modules/newbb

samuels... I checked that and they are different but the folder.gif is the faded one and red_folder.gif the not faded one.. I replaced them.. and still the same thing..

maybe I failed to overwrite a file.. do you know which one it might be?

Thank you again

Victor

samuels
  • 2004/3/8 7:24

• samuels

• Quite a regular

@VictOr
folder.gif must be Resized Image

red_folder.gif must be Resized Image

Check php debug and post warnings and notices. Perhaps we cand find a clue with this info.

@Hennessy
Update scripts must be on main directory, not inside newbb folder.
I'm running it on a Windows server without problems.
www.forjandoleyendas.com

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits