RImark
Re:Before you post a question, check here first!
  • 2004/10/20 20:12

• RImark

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi!

Total XOOPS newbie here... I just read your "Before Posting" post and carefully tried to follow the directions. I found that some of the links in your message (FAQ and others) are broken.

Regarding Xoops, two things come to mind immediately as a newbie:

1. Docs are scattered all over the web. Would be nice to have one page somewhere with links to all the other pages/docs.

2. I'd like to see an example site with a write-up by the developer which explains to me HOW and WHY they did what they did. Why did you choose to use a particular module, etc.

Right now I have spent only 5-6 hours working with Xoops. On one hand I find it very easy to build a very feature-filled website. On the other I get a bit lost at all my possible choices.

Coming from a place where I design websites in pure HTML using a text editor, I find I keep tryign to grab for a "page." I might be wrong but the concept of a page seems to foreign from XOOPS site design. The end result to the user may look like a page, but it's not. Did anyone else have trouble wrestling with this concept?

I think I will be very happy developing sites in XOOPS and I'm looking forward to getting up and over this intial learning curve!

Thanks.

RImark

ackbarr

Quote:

Total XOOPS newbie here... I just read your "Before Posting" post and carefully tried to follow the directions. I found that some of the links in your message (FAQ and others) are broken.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We recently re-organized content, and as this thread is a bit long in the tooth, some of the content has been moved.
Quote:

1. Docs are scattered all over the web. Would be nice to have one page somewhere with links to all the other pages/docs.

That is the purpose ofhttp://docs.xoops.org , but as you can imagine, this is a large task, and so far has been slow in going.

Welcome to XOOPS, enjoy your stay, and make use of the search function!

pixtur
  • 2004/11/3 12:50

• pixtur

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/3

Don't want to be picky. But if the FAQ does not work in the docs.xoops - section I would not show it in the main manu. The Link on top of this thread should definately be fixed or removed. This thread is the first thing you read before posting something, and it doesn't give a very good impression...

regards
tom

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits