Mamba
Re: Newbb 4.3
  • 2012/8/1 12:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I saw you add a new branch in svn but it seems i dont have the grant access for write?

You have it now!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/2 7:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

the zip file was incorrectly merged with the old newbb rev9883.
I correct that.
Sorry all
Please download again.
I also update the SVN accordingly.
Now newbb templates are completly clean.
There are just some hardcodes in images paths left that should be solved in depth.

Alfred:
Please look at the codes.
I need your advise for the better customization of style.css in header.php
I just uses is_file php command because i could not find any relevant in XOOPS API.

Mamba:
As you can see i localized the strtotime in this newbb patch.
I just change strtotime with XoopsLocal::strtotime
I still dont receive any guide from core developers for my request for an input date/time localization but i think it can show all users that how the localization in xoops can be done very very easy because there are a strong XoopsLocal class exist as a base for us.

Mamba
  • 2012/8/2 8:24

• Mamba

Quote:
As you can see i localized the strtotime in this newbb patch.
I just change strtotime with XoopsLocal::strtotime
I still dont receive any guide from core developers for my request for an input date/time localization but i think it can show all users that how the localization in xoops can be done very very easy because there are a strong XoopsLocal class exist as a base for us.

Thank you, this is very good! I've sent an email to the Core team asking them to address your question.

I agree that we need a clear guidelines on how to make a module localization. Maybe you could make a draft of such guidelines, based on your work on NewBB. I believe, you've put some thoughts together on this, but structured guidelines, with examples, and with a checklist, would be very helpful.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

deka87
  • 2012/8/3 6:07

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Thank you guys for your hard work and the great job is done! The question is : is the current Newbb is the Final version? What is the link for the final version. Can be posted in News IMO.

Mamba
  • 2012/8/3 6:18

• Mamba

Quote:
The question is : is the current Newbb is the Final version?

No, it's still RC. Once it becomes Final version, there will be a news article about it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/4 2:18

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

I noticed that "strtotime" is not worked without the definition so the last "irmtfan" branch svn (rev.9977) just works in persian and the polls is not worked in english
It should be defined in the core XoopsLocal class or in language/english/locale.php to work in other languages.

// reserved for future versions
    // Core and module developers can use this syntax in the future versions: XoopsLocal::strtotime($inputtime)

function strtotime($inputtime)
    {
        return 
strtotime($inputtime);
    }

Quote:

I've sent an email to the Core team asking them to address your question.

very good.
I still think having a new function for input date/time is better.
It will be the standard in XOOPS API.

something like: xoops_strtotime

deka87:
IMO all reported bugs has been debugged and solved.
announcing final versions in xoops.org news do not guarantee anything. I saw many final versions that still had serious bugs (eg: Xhelp 0.8, Xlanguage 3.03, ...)
XOOPS has an community driven development In all cases you should use at your own risk.
But for this newbb version there is a big advantage that xoops.org has been used it so you be more sure about its functioning.
I suggest to test in your local first then upgrade in your website after backup.

Mamba:

Im sure that all the issues of xoops.org comes from the outdated template located at xoops.org/themes/wox/modules/newbb
Please delete it or at least rename it to something like newbb_old then newbb 4.3 will read the templates from modules/newbb/templates

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/4 10:47

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Quote:

I noticed that "strtotime" is not worked without the definition so the last "irmtfan" branch svn (rev.9977) just works in persian and the polls is not worked in english.

I corrected it. now when strtotime is not defined in XoopsLocal class it will use the strtotime php command as before:

please download the newest version(rev.9984):
http://www.jadoogaran.org/test255/modules/newbb43_rev9883_irmtfan_2012_08_04.zip

changelog for rev.9984 from the last official rev.9883:
Changelog from rev.9883
date
2012-08-04
================================================
1bug fixederror in newbb/polls.php when the strtotime is not defined in XoopsLocal class (irmtfan)
solutionreplace XoopsLocal::strtotime($end_timeby method_exists('XoopsLocal''strtotime') ? XoopsLocal::strtotime($end_time) : strtotime($end_time)
in newbb/polls.php
more hardcodes in newbb/templates has been removed

date
2012-08-01
1localizationinput date localized (for other date systems like hegiraby replacing strtotime by XoopsLocal::strtotime
in newbb
/polls.php

customization&localizationnewbb style.css is fully localized and customized and is not hard-coded anymore.
in newbb/header.php
file changes

-- 
deleted newbb/templates/style.css
-- added   newbb/templates/images/language/english/style.css
-- added   newbb/templates/images/language/persian/style.css
priorities
:
if 
exist in themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/newbb/images/language/YOUR_LANG/style.css take it
else if exist in themes/default/modules/newbb/images/language/YOUR_LANG/style.css take it
else if exist in modules/newbb/templates/images/language/YOUR_LANG/style.css take it
else if exist in modules/newbb/templates/images/language/english/style.css take it
else if exist in modules/newbb/templates/style.css take it (for backward compatibility)

3many hardcodes in newbb/templates and style.css has been removed

date
2012-07-30
1bug fixedit not displayed when the reason is not filled (irmtfan)
2bug fixonly the last edit is recorded. (irmtfan/alfred)
in newbb/class/post.php
bug fix'noapprove' permission incorrectly recorded in database. (irmtfan)
in newbb/class/permission.php
bug fixload user ranks has been hardcodedit works in old/upgraded websites but not works in new installed websitesnew getting rank introduced. (black_beard/irmtfan)
in newbb/class/user.phpnewbb/templates/newbb_thread.html
minor bug fixmysql 5.1 was incorrectly needed (irmtfan)
in newbb/xoops_version.php
hardcodesome style.css color hardcodes has been removed. (irmtfan)
in newbb/templates/style.css
feature addedtext links instead of buttons. (deka87/irmtfan)
in newbb/class/icon.php newbb/include/functions.render.php newbb/include/plugin.php

SVN:
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/newbb/branches/irmtfan/newbb

deka87
  • 2012/8/4 15:37

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

irmtfan,

I am updating my newbb 3.08 with the latest version you provoded and I've got several questions:

1. When replying a message or starting a new topic after form Submit instead of jquery redirect I get to an old style redirect page (same here on xoops.org).

2. I can't reach newbb/search.php. For some reason it redirects me to forum index. I understrand that it's not the module problem but maybe you can point me to something. I checked my .htaccess that's in the core but it has nothing about it. I had this issue in when I used 3.08 as well.

xoops 2.5.3, php5

Yurdal
  • 2012/8/5 1:22

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

Here are some royalt free slick social buttons for newbb
One wich comes with the module looks old fashion :)

Download social buttons newbb

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/5 2:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

this module is a little complicated and i prepared a brief install and upgrade guide for it.

Quote:

newbb 4.3 install and upgrade guide
requirements: XOOPS 2.5.x php 5.2 mysql 5.0

To Install
=========================

1- close your website. (recommended) be sure you are logged in
2- upload the newbb to htdocs/modules/newbb ( upload the compressed file and decompressed via Cpanel is the best way to insure all files are correctly upload)
3- go to your admin -> system -> modules -> install
4- change the default settings to your desired in the module preferences and newbb/include/plugin.php
5- dont forget to open your website again.

To Upgrade from older newbb versions 1.x 2.x 3.0.x
==========================
1- close your website. (highly recommended) be sure you are logged in.
2- get a backup from your old newbb database.(all PREFIX_bb_* tables)
3- IF EXIST get a backup from your old newbb/include/plugin.php
4- delete your old newbb folder (or rename it to newbb_old)
5- IF EXIST delete old newbb folder (templates) in htdocs/themes/default/modules/newbb AND htdocs/themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/newbb (or rename it to newbb_old)
6- upload the newbb to htdocs/modules/newbb ( upload the compressed file and decompressed via Cpanel is the best way to insure all files are correctly upload)
7- go to your admin -> system -> modules -> newbb -> upgrade (wait until you see the report page)
8- go to system -> maintenance -> clear all caches
9- change the default settings to your desired in the module preferences and newbb/include/plugin.php and IF EXIST based on your old back-upped plugin.php
10 - dont forget to open your website again.

Thank you deka87 for the test.

1- do you upgrade properly? please check the whole process again
I suspect an old template somewhere.

2- It seems to me that search option is not enable in your website.
in system -> preferences -> search options

Thank you Yurdal for the new buttons.

Edit:
i see in newbb/search.php there is no error message when the search is not enable in the website. I will correct this. thank you for the test.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits