phudson
Re: Yellow Pages problem
  • 2004/3/31 2:25

• phudson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/1

Understood. I will try to be patient. Is there anyway I could get a copy of the alpha listing script you are using? I am new to php and it would help to take a look at it.

I like your site! Is the real estate module also one you have developed?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

bobdt
Re: Yellow Pages problem
  • 2004/4/20 13:20

• bobdt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

I've DL. the 1.5a version and installed but I've see some bug example in contact.php the new file dont work (I use 2.06 XOOPS version over linux server) the contact_.php work ok (renamed) for the translate in italian language is done but some part of translate is in the php page than this module for to be used in different language need to personalized 1 for 1 (different version for different language) I think is a good module but think is necessary add 1 table for put into the owner of the company, the starting of and the end of service, ip of poster.

example:
Joe store put the info about of the company if another user (ex. Fred) want update this info an message show up "You are not the owner of this send an message at the webmaster if the info of the store of you have read is incorrect" then when the admin see the "update info" into of admin area read only the real owner update and not the update not owner user. is important store the ip of submitter for prevent abuse of the system.
Another the "free" submission is important of dont have the "email" & "map" button because is unverify submission the "pay" service have give the ok for use the "email" contact from the website (antispam & privacy protection).

djmojo
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2004/5/6 19:02

• djmojo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

Has anyone figured out how to add a listing to more than one category? I got to looking at the database and the CID is currently an INT field. I don't know much about mysql, but is there a field that the CID can be changed to that would allow each listing to be in more than one category?

builderb
  • 2004/5/8 16:40

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

That is a good question. I've been thinking of the best way to do this without changing the entire structure of the DB.

It could be done if there was a seperate table linking categories with listings but, that would change the way all the pages currently work.

If anyone has an easier way please let me know.

-Builderb

wtravel

builderb,

Either you can add the same listing twice under different categories. This will cause redundancy in the first place and if you don't want the user to have the burden of this (like editing all listings in case of a change), you will need to do a lot of programming as well.

However, I can imagine that in some cases also the text in a listing would be different for each category, to give a better description of the company's services matching the category. In those cases it would be essential to have two different listings for the same company.

The cross table would be a much nicer solution if a customer just want to have the same listing in multiple categories, like you mentioned, but in that case you will need to edit all your queries. However, once you have done that you will have a great new feature .

If you build in the cross link table, you will have both options available to the customer, he can assign multiple categories to one listing or, if he wants, he can still make the double posting.

Regards,

Martijn

mariuss
  • 2004/5/9 4:14

• mariuss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/6 5

The best thing is a link table as you mentioned, but other solutions exists. Two come to mind:

- in the listings table you could change the link to the categories table from an 'int' to long string (varchar) and have the convention that this field contains a comma separated list of category ids, this could lead to very slow queries (and you do have to rewrite them); also there is a limitation on the number of categories (dictated by the length of the field) but it is quite large

- if you can live with a small maximum number of categories per listing (like 3 or 4) then you can add a few more 'int' fields that are links to categores; queries must be modified again

Since in both cases you have to modify queries anyhow you may just as well do the right thing and create a link table.

The problem is that you want to limit the number of categories anyhow in the GUI to prevent spaming.

Marius

tzvook
Yellow Pages - alphabeticaly listing
  • 2004/5/29 17:34

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

builderb wrote:
I appoligize, but it may be awhile before I get a beta copy ready for release of the version I'm using on my site.

Hello builderb
Great Module, exactly what I needed, your site is great too .. al the compliments you got here were right !!!

Is there any progress with the module? I installed it in a new site I'm developing, but for me it's quite useless without the alphabeticaly listing (the search would be great too, but the alphabeticaly listing is simply a must for me)
can you please just post the viewalpha.php file ?

VideoDude
Re: Yellow Pages - alphabeticaly listing
  • 2004/6/4 17:45

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

BuilderB... Great job! Your xDirectory mod is not only very cool, it's greatly needed. You're off to a good start.

I too am anxious to see your next major release. What's your ETA?

I've run into a problem that I'm hoping you can answer... When I select a business from the list I see the following error at the bottom of the screen (probably showing up because I have debug on).

Quote:
Use of undefined constant _MD_BUSURL - assumed '_MD_BUSURL' in file modules/xdirectory/singlelink.php line 87

Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

wtravel

Hi,

This warning shows because _MD_BUSURL is not defined in /language/english/main.php

You can add the definition of _MD_BUSURL to that file and upload it. The error will not show anymore.

Regards,

Martijn

VideoDude
  • 2004/6/5 15:52

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits