intel352
Re: PayPal module
  • 2004/8/3 2:42

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

erm, i see no download, and i'm not registering, and from your statement, i assume it costs money. i'd actually rather avoid porting a non-gpl script, even for $$, since i can't release it to the public, and i'm deep in the middle of porting phpbb right now

sorry bud. i might be able to consider it later, but not just now.

btw, koertzen and chadk are supposed to be working on groups enhancement for the downloads module, that could provide group-specific access to certain downloads areas, etc.

dunno the ETA tho

Arowana
  • 2004/8/6 22:19

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Please excuse me I am brand new to XOOPS, I just did my first install today. No problems at all. Now I am just figuring out how to get the site how I want it and set it up. I might be asking for a lot fo help, Sorry and Thank you to all I forget to say thank you too along the way.

Now I bought thishttp://www.paypalnuke.com and then I contacted the guy who dev it. he is not really worried about converting it over but more of passing out his work with out donating something to him. After reading your guys post I emailed him back and asked if I could have some one convert it over and then pass it out. He said if it is converted over then it is not his right to be paid for it, and besides since I already paid for it I own the code.

I am willing to donate my copy to the cause if I can get a copy for XOOPS back with a little help along the way. I have never installed it on any site.

Just to give you an idea, I am setting up a fish finding site. These are called Asian Arowana's and very rare in the USA. I am going to have a site that list the fish location and picture (most likily i can use a dating module and convert that over. Members will be free to browse the fish but only have to subscribe to use more info and get the contact info. the cost will be cheap like 5 bucks and anything I make from it I can plege to donate to anyone's cause that can help out.

If you are wondering what the heck is this guy talking about and who is going to pay for that I can tell you a few things:

the basic Asian Arowana (Green) goes for 200 USD (about 6 inches in length) the Super or chilli reds go for about 3500 to 4000 for 6 inches. This are very rare here in the states and very hard to find/get.

Check onhttp://www.arowana.us and go under the links section that is only about 50 sites but if you read the forums you will always find someone looking for one in the USA.

intel352
  • 2004/8/7 1:38

• intel352

• Module Developer

...so you're saying that the author said you may convert his module to another CMS, and then freely distribute the code?

that doesn't sound right.

tom
  • 2004/8/7 13:04

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:

bd_csmc wrote:
...so you're saying that the author said you may convert his module to another CMS, and then freely distribute the code?

that doesn't sound right.

Why? if it was developed for nuke, would that not make it a GPL? (Don't hit me just asking, lol)

wtravel

Hi,

I do not know how related XOOPS is to phpNuke, since I only worked with xoops. I am looking for a similar module which should be able to handle different (payed) member groups.

If you can send me a download link or send the file to me if it is not too big I can look at it and see how difficult it would be to convert this module.

Tom, how is your project coming along? Perhaps we can combine our efforts and get it up and running.

Regards,

Martijn

intel352
  • 2004/8/7 14:16

• intel352

• Module Developer

tom, personally, from what i've read, i don't believe that a module should immediately take the license of the system. heh, but i've taken part in enough gpl arguments that i hope no1 else sees this post, because i don't wanna debate it.

intel352
  • 2004/8/7 14:18

• intel352

• Module Developer

wtravel, you might want to gather a bit of working knowledge about phpnuke, so that you can more easily port a module from there, to xoops.

wtravel

bc_csmc, I think basically I only need the paypal part from the script and use XOOPS coding to handle the group access management.

Regards,

Martijn

intel352
  • 2004/8/7 14:30

• intel352

• Module Developer

if you're going to port a module, you need to convert all sql, remove non-existent functions (and replace them with XOOPS equivalent), etc.

so i assume you're not talking about a port, just grabbing the paypal code to start something new? if that's the case, feel free to grab a cvs copy of xdonations and add in groups support

wtravel

Alright, I had a look at the files and would like to work on it. Can you keep me updated on which developer is doing which task?

Regards,

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits