BackSeat
Yellow Pages problem
  • 2004/3/20 1:00

• BackSeat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/20

Hi, I'm new to XOOPS so I may be doing something silly, but: I register the details of a business, which seems to submit OK. I go to the Admin menu to approve the listing, but the only thing that shows up on the listing is the company name and the free text area at the end. All other fields are blank.

What should I do to track down where this is going wrong?

Thanks
BS

mariuss
Re: Yellow Pages problem
  • 2004/3/20 1:28

• mariuss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/6 5

I run into the very same problem, the script does not work with Register Globals off. I fixed this issue and a few other minor bugs, until BuilderB is releasing a new version you can use my copy: xdirectory_1.5.a.zip

I did modify many of the templates to suit my needs, the original ones have names ending with underscore (_).

Cheers,
Marius

limecity
  • 2004/3/20 4:37

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

what will the new realease be like?
alphabetical order? looks like the one in folsomliving?
that would be nice..
i see lots of feature they have and its not found on the current version..

i am looking forward on the next realease.

builderb
  • 2004/3/20 8:34

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I'm actually experimenting with quite a few new features. alpha-listings, coupons, new version of sponsored listings, mall directories, paypal subscriptions, etc.

I'm not sure how many of these features are going to work for the community so I'm trying to create them as options in the admin section which is the hardest part for me.

I'm hoping that my request for public development on the XOOPS sourceforge site will get approved so I can make it available to the community.

I will incorporate the new "register globals off" issue mentioned by Marius in the next release for sure.

Thank you for your support.

-Builderb

Shine
  • 2004/3/20 8:40

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

@ mariuss

I've seen your yellow pages module running. Is this the xdirectory module you are offering or is it another module? Because after a quick look I like this module. Especcially the function of sending a message which I suppose will be send to the specific yellow page advertiser.(?)

Grtz., Shine

mariuss
  • 2004/3/20 17:31

• mariuss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/6 5

Depends which one you have seen.

I have an old Yellow Pages script (a total hack) which is not XDirectory at:
http://romanians.bc.ca/modules/yellowpages/

And I am using XDirectory o another site:
http://organics.bc.ca/modules/xdirectory/

Eventualy the old script will be moved to XDirectory as well.

Marius

builderb
  • 2004/3/22 21:43

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

That is correct Shine, the email goes to the intended business in the directory. The version currently running on my site is slightly different than the one currently in distribution. That's because I'm still adding features and working out the bugs.

I will post new version updates in this forum.

-Builderb

roylin
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2004/3/29 9:49

• roylin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/29

Hi builderb,

I strongly commend your effort in making the xdirectory module what it is.

However, i noticed that when i tried to restrict a search to the listings in the xdirectory, the resultpage it brings shows the category which the typed keyword belongs, and not the keyword itself. Though if the category is clicked, it takes one to the page where the full listing for the keyword is.

For instance, if under Arts and Antiques, we have a listing called company A. If you tried searching for company A, it brings up Arts and Antiques, though when you now click on Arts and Antiques, it takes you to where you have info on company A.

phudson
  • 2004/3/30 19:22

• phudson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/1

What are the chances of getting a beta copy of the version you are currently running on your site? I would really like to take a look at the setup for the alpha listings and the coupons. That is right in line with a site I am currently starting to develope.

builderb
  • 2004/3/30 23:46

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

I appoligize, but it may be awhile before I get a beta copy ready for release of the version I'm using on my site.

I have to add the new functionality to the admin area which is going to take quite a while. Plus some of the new features will have to be easily removeable for those websites that don't require those features.

There is still a lot of work to be done before I would feel comfortable with distributing it.

I tried emailing XOOPS in hopes of getting a spot on their xoopsforge CVS site for the xDirectory module so it would be available for public development but I still haven't heard anything back from them.

I will keep you updated on new versions.

-Builderb

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits