LazyBadger
Re: can xoops compete with joomla?

Quote:

things are moving

Sure? No movement detected...
Quote:
in the right direction.

Sure? And what is "right direction", in which you call us to believe?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Marco
  • 2005/12/12 17:19

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

be cool guys
As i've said before ....
Quote:

but yet when you look at the XOOPS CVS tree, you see nothing has changed in 4 weeks.

considering you are looking at the right place.
but is the right one ?

LB,you're right, we are definitely not good at communication. Skalpa will remedy that point soon with concrete work.Thanks to him.

marco
Do synergy or die.

LazyBadger

I didn't attack you. I asked question, because I want to see something except mantra "All good, all will be even more cool"
I prefer facts, not words

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Marco
  • 2005/12/12 17:28

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

I prefer facts, not words

you will have some(facts).
marco
Do synergy or die.

damaster
  • 2005/12/12 17:31

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

I hope that the french community will bring us "liberté d'expression, solidarité et fraternité"!
"Freedom of expression, solidarity and fraternity!"

At least, more transparency on XOOPS Development.

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

silvrhand
  • 2005/12/12 20:19

• silvrhand

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

Ugh,

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44119&forum=8&post_id=194962#forumpost194962

As you can see I have asked repeatedly asked where it is. If it is NOT the information on the front page please update it to the CURRENT CVS information.

Quote:

Marco wrote:
be cool guys
As i've said before ....
Quote:

but yet when you look at the XOOPS CVS tree, you see nothing has changed in 4 weeks.

considering you are looking at the right place.
but is the right one ?

LB,you're right, we are definitely not good at communication. Skalpa will remedy that point soon with concrete work.Thanks to him.

marco

LazyBadger

I think, you can already learn:
Current project management and communication policy is something like:
"All we do is Big Secret, which we do as we think is better... don't worry, we know it better than you... which will be opened when somebody decided 'it's good time for'"
Developers don't think about permanent and transparent communications as "must have" for project's vitality and seems even don't know, that is responsibility in big project.
Responsibility is not only write good code, but also respect users and support user's choice by
- having
- publishing
strategic and tactic plans, informaton about project life and changes, which can affect users("Where is Scalpa?", "Why Mith silently disappeared?", "What you (Team) will do this month|this quarter?" etc.. etc...)

Now XOOPS devs position itself by the infallible gods, who prophesy to the flock from the unattainable heights, when it implores the miracle.

This "unique" policy generate most of problems and questions... XOOPS Development team not open for communication with users, they forgot simplr thing - they are (and XOOPS) are nothing, zero, without users, which used-use (?)-will use (?!?!) product...

Weak management, poor organisation, the unwillingness to think to the step forward, the unwillingness to learn on the examples of the more transparent and more organized projects. The exaggerated pride and the overstated self-appraisal is the lightest diagnosis, which I can write down into the therapeutic map

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Marco
  • 2005/12/12 21:04

• Marco

• Home away from home

LB, come on !
we will come soon with some news for your !
we aren't as mad as you would like us to be !

marco

nb
Quote:

If it is NOT the information on the front page please update it to the CURRENT CVS information.

We have changed our versioning system a few months ago. Skalpa will explain it to you soon. SF's CVS is no longer in use.
Do synergy or die.

LazyBadger

Marco , I don't want any news for me. I'm totally disappointed, sad, angry... and still here on xoops2.ru user's requests, which still trust in XOOPS Development Team. Even more - I read a lot of "good news" on xoops.org, which produced nothing in result... thus - news will be only words, empty words for me.
And madness still exist in heads, even this thread show it perfectly

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

damaster
  • 2005/12/12 21:30

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

That's the point, there's a lack of communication.
As i've said, Skalpa fought the Onokazu policy of "closed development before release" - so, tell me honestly, what changed?

Also, it comes out that the developers took too much importance, maybe a kind of egomania, for sure a form of power which does not help the project. Maybe Dev Team should be managed as any other team (Q.A. Doc, Theme, etc) - Égalité, Fraternité !

Finally, It's a good thing for XOOPS to have actors like Alitan, Mamba, LB, and many others acting and making you react!
- Liberté !

You should be greatful, don't you think !?

Merci mon ami, to let people know !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits