tzvook
Re: Mx-directory - input welcome
  • 2006/2/27 16:06

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hey Tripmon
Feature request: import/export listings into/from (but especialy into) a csv file (for outlook, excel and so .... will be very usefull).

P.S.
will be great for the efq dir too ....

wtravel

File specifications are important for such a feature. What data should be exported and what kind of layout would you want?

tzvook
  • 2006/2/28 12:21

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
File specifications are important for such a feature. What data should be exported and what kind of layout would you want?

Yep: in the case of custom fields it might be a bit tricky to do that feature, much harder them pre coded fields.
which means that it'll be easyer to do that for the MXdir then for the EFQdir.
I think it can be done in the EFQ only "to<-->from" categories (import<-->export) since each category has it's unique fields ...

If it's done for CSV files it can be all category fields and some can stay empty.

Csv can then be imported easily to outlook/mailinglists/excel ....
and you can use one directory as a phonebook and one for business listing...

I'm trying to adopt the Xdir as a phonebook, since ther's no decenty phonebook for XOOPS (categories + alpha listing + import/export) and half of the sites I make need one.

The import/export feature is the most important feature for one's that want to transfer an existing database and after that to maintain it through outlook or excell ...

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits