Resized Image

this bug's solution is to add a
class='inline'

after
<label name='xolb_icon'
in line 17 of pm_pmlite.html
Some people like what you do,
-- some people hate what you do,
---- but most people simply don’t give a damn.

Anonymous
Re: XOOPS 2.6.0 Alpha 2 released for Testing
  • 2013/1/15 16:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

I installed this version, it looks nice! I've just some remarks about the cosmetics of the install script:

* The install pages are a bit tiny, I would like some more height to prevent scrolling

* Why are database settings divided in two screens? One page would look more organized, or are there checks in between?

* Add a line to the modules and extensions install pages, telling installing them can be done later also. Add tooltips with more detailed info about the individual modules/extensions. (newbe friendly)

Just curious: is it easy to make a custom made install script with other modules and extensions? So you could offer xoops packages loaded with modules for specific use like an intranet, sports-club, school, community website etc

Tarik
  • 2013/1/15 16:14

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

the menu block seem to work fine in the alpha 2
Resized Image
Some people like what you do,
-- some people hate what you do,
---- but most people simply don’t give a damn.

redheadedrod

Quote:

flipse wrote:
I installed this version, it looks nice! I've just some remarks about the cosmetics of the install script:

I am working on a PDO connection for xoops at the moment but when complete I will be getting back to working on the install script. The new install script is much different so please be patient. I probably have about 20-30 hours left to work on the PDO connection and then I will be getting back to the install script.

There is no point in changing anything with the install script until this is finished. I am trying to build it to be similar to xoops so that full theme building will work.

When I am a little closer with the install script and it is shown to be working it would be really nice if a theme builder could build a nice theme for it. But like I said... I will be working on it. My classes just started for the next semester so I will be a little slow with this. I am trying to get the PDO extention complete so I can turn it over to Trabis and let him do any final stuff to it to include it into 2.6 for Alpha 3 (Hopefully).

The install script will hopefully be ready long before we finish up with beta testing. I have gotten a long ways with it. The current setup for a basic install is one screen of settings and one screen of "results."

Also realize that the install script at the moment will allow you to install anything that is in the module directory. So if you want different modules just drop them into the modules directory prior to installation.

I do want to totally redo the install script from scratch to make it even easier but I don't have enough experience yet to accomplish that so a reworking of the current script is where I am at. The ideas I have for a new install script will require some preliminary work to be finished first(2 or 3 major changes to core features or new modules/extensions). So it will be 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 before some of that is accomplished depending on how much work my classes become.

Rodney

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

tatane
  • 2013/1/15 17:11

• tatane

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/5/6 1

Quote:

Mamba wrote:

1) The menu will not show up on top there, where you expected it. The button "Home" is just for reference there, and I don't believe, it's part of any menu.

Pity

timgno
  • 2013/1/15 17:17

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
Error: No entry is registered for key 'XLANGUAGE' in file /xoops_lib/Xoops/Registry.php line 144
Notice: Undefined index: XLANGUAGE in file /xoops_lib/Xoops/Registry.php line 147
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file /modules/publisher/class/category.php line 425
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file /modules/publisher/class/category.php line 425

We have two Main Menu?

Resized Image

Resized Image

Mage
  • 2013/1/15 17:28

• Mage

• Core Developer

• Since: 2009/8/2 1

Quote:

Tarik wrote:
Resized Image

this bug's solution is to add a
class='inline'

after
<label name='xolb_icon'
in line 17 of pm_pmlite.html

Thank you for your return.
I can not use this solution because there are too many errors in the current code.

I modify the code to remove the problem and also solve the W3C validation.

andrax
  • 2013/1/15 17:30

• andrax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/10

Hi guys,

I'm doing some tests and... I'm really, really enjoying what I'm seeing... thank you, core team for the effort devoted to this version!!!

I've found some little problems...

When installing the system, I've unselected all modules and extensions... and after completing the system installation, I started the installation and tests of modules and extensions, however, when I try to install the extension User ranks , I got this messagem:Quote:
Array ([0] => Table 'x7eb_ranks' already exists)

On admin of Page module, the Configuration Check alert that the extension 'xoosocialnetwork' isn't installed, but from what I observed here, this hasn't even exist in package

And to conclude, seems to me that the comments plugin is not working, at least it does not appear in the modules (Page or Publisher)

I'll try a new standard installation, to check if problems occurs
Luiz Carlos (Andrax)
"whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant" – Jesus
http://guxbrasil.org
http://about.me/LuizCerqueira

timgno
  • 2013/1/15 17:33

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
I modify the code to remove the problem and also solve the W3C validation.

Why aren't used in forms the jquery ui controls?

Input: (Radio, Checkbox) Select, etc.

Anonymous
  • 2013/1/15 18:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
So it will be 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 before some of that is accomplished depending on how much work my classes become.

Not that I want to rush you But I don't think it's a good idea to present 2.6.0 without a complete install makeover. The script is the first impression newbie's get, and this can be part of making the decision to walk away from xoops and test another cms.

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits