• 2012/10/31 21:27

• ggdde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Quote:

jcweb wrote:
I cannot understand why no one talks about the dh-info module from alfred? Here
http://www.simple-xoops.de/download/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=4

Its a good module with the option to clone very easy the module. The module is flexible, you can create static pages with an own navigation and and and ...

If someone try, use the nightly buildt version, english lang files exist.

Greets Andy

What kind of license apply to this module? I already have problems with English and I can't read German.

tanks

irmtfan
Re: Missing submit button in xoop 2.5.5
  • 2012/11/1 3:06

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

I cannot understand why no one talks about the dh-info module from alfred?

It is because simple-xoops and Alfrel completely separate its way from XOOPS Community. they dont announce anything here so how somebody like me should be aware of that?
the right way for a developer and local community is:
- developing all modules in Xoops SVN not in any other private/local place.
- feature and roadmap and bug tracking in Xoops tracker.
- Announce news in xoops.org news
- support and help in xoops.org forum

We should cooperate with each other. why we should work seperatly in the local/private areas?

jcweb
  • 2012/11/1 16:20

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

Very helpful posting @irmtfan
alfred give the community the newbb - one (more or less) of the forum module that works fine and now i or we must read your comment. Headbanging ...

The modules from alfred run on xoops without any problems, the newbb is in the svn, alfreds reply postings and you have nothing more to do and comment this posting. Congrat! What do you think how many user can work with tortoise to grabb any module from the svn? We have good core files, if that the way it goes we have only core files and no modules.

Good job and good comment!

Cesagonchu

Pages 1.17

Link more recent than that given by Mamba before

The file " english " need to be modified because it is not similar to the file " french " (english/admin.php and english/modinfo.php).
Module to be only tested.
Those who are interested to correct the file " english " are welcomed.

irmtfan
  • 2012/11/4 4:44

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

We should cooperate with each other.
I appreciate Alfred works on newbb. As far as i know he introduced as a newbb developer from version 4 beta.
but newbb has a long long history. many developers works on it and phppp(DJ) wrote most of the current codes.
I find many bugs in newbb and most of them (almost 90%) are exist from version 2 and 3 for about 8 years unsolved.
So you can see everybody should help in a project to have the best output. one person cannot do everything alone.
when a developer works alone on a project nobody can guarantee its performance, its way in the future and its continuity. there are many orphaned modules here as examples in XOOPS.
This pages module for example dpnt have any future. i afraid at this time publisher dont have a future too.

I hope everybody, every developer here work as a team. when we have a group of developers/users work on a module we can review codes, test modules, report bugs and request features.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits