redheadedrod
Re: OpenID and Facebook login integration

News about what exactly?

I currently do not have the time to do anything with facebook or openid.

There is a crude version of a facebook connect floating around that I have used with 2.4.5 (Not tried with 2.5). Worked but should be assumed to be alpha and needed lots of polishing plus facebook has changed their interface and it is very confusing to register with facebook with the instructions included.

I don't know of any openid stuff that has been done.

I am going to assume that this stuff will be seriously looked at with 2.6.

After I get my classes under control I plan to start back on my projects but I believe the openid and facebook connect stuff would have to be integrated with profile to do it right and that isn't going to happen for a while unless wishcraft or someone else is going to take it on.

I DO have plans to tackle a new profile module but I have a lot of other things on my plate that have to be finished before I can seriously deal with that.
(New install script as well as a totally new install system, changes to the user/group system and revamping the module system.) At this point I am not a core programmer but if I am successful with the above projects I do hope to help with adding new features.

Other than that at this stage it is a wait and keep your fingers crossed, or maybe try tackling it yourself if you have any experience.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

sadistiko
Re: OpenID and Facebook login integration
  • 2012/2/26 19:25

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

I'm not programmer so I can't help here
Croatian Xoops support site:
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits