DarinAllan
Re: Not working!

Ok I ran that test, I wouldn't have a clue what I am meant to be looking at, I see 5000 rectangles each with a number in them going from 0 - 4999, each rectangle has a "n" next to it.

If I click "submit query" it's seems to want to load test.php

HTTP 404 - Page Not Found
The server could not find this page.

What am I actually looking for, or what are we testing, just let me know if I need to do something else.

Cheers

ghia
  • 2009/11/13 21:54

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Oops, my mistake!

I adapted the sourcecode in my previous post to align action and scriptname. Retry with the new code (or change the name of your current script to test.php).

We are testing the limits of how many variables your server can handle. You will see it in the second screen after submit.

DarinAllan

I get this

Array
(
[0] => 0

All the way down to

[4999] => 4999
)

5000 lines like those above

cheers

ghia
  • 2009/11/13 23:52

• ghia

OK, that rules out that not enough variables could be posted. Did you run the filecheck (see release notes)? If you go to permissions in profile (/modules/profile/admin/permissions.php) en select there 'Field editable from profile'. You can check and uncheck options (eg YIM) there, OK? But when you do submit you get the no permission error, right? When you look at the HTML source of that form and search for modid, you can find a string like:

DarinAllan

Quote:
ghia wrote: OK, that rules out that not enough variables could be posted. Did you run the filecheck (see release notes)?
Yep have ran that it says, install files are missing, xoops_lib is missing and xoops_data is missing, the last two are of course there. Quote:
If you go to permissions in profile (/modules/profile/admin/permissions.php) en select there 'Field editable from profile'. You can check and uncheck options (eg YIM) there, OK? But when you do submit you get the no permission error, right?
Yes that is right after unticking boxes and I hit submit I get the "no permissions" warning then redirected to the home page, I go back and check the permissions and obviously nothing has changed, everything is ticked. Quote:
When you look at the HTML source of that form and search for modid, you can find a string like:
Ok if I have the right place, that is on this line
</td></tr></table><input type="hidden" name="modid" id="modid" value="120" /><input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" id="redirect_url" value="admin/permissions.php" /></form>
Let me know if you need anything else Cheers

iHackCode

check if any database tables need a repair?

DarinAllan

The database tables seem fine from what I can see anyway, I ran repair on them anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion

Cheers

ghia
  • 2009/11/14 3:23

• ghia

120 seems a big number. Is this the correct entry in the modules table for profile (check with eg phpmyadmin)? Standard should this be 3. Did you uninstall the profile module and reinstall it in the past?

Ok, I indentified tree possible permissions errors. But to know where it clashes, we need to edit some files.
You have to search for _NOPERM in these files.
First /include/cp_header.php
Change
redirect_headerXOOPS_URL1_NOPERM );

to
redirect_headerXOOPS_URL10_NOPERM .'nomodsys');
and
redirect_headerXOOPS_URL "/user.php"1_NOPERM );
to
redirect_headerXOOPS_URL "/user.php"10_NOPERM .'nouser');

then /modules/system/admin/groupperm.php and change
redirect_header(XOOPS_URL.'/index.php'1_NOPERM);
to
redirect_header(XOOPS_URL.'/index.php'10_NOPERM.'noadmin'.$modid);
Then redo the operation in profile permissions en tell what you see at the end of the sorry error message.

DarinAllan

I edited the files then uploaded them

I tried changing permissions and got this message now

Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area.noadmin0

I hope that gives you an idea ghia ;o)

DarinAllan

Quote:

ghia wrote:
120 seems a big number. Is this the correct entry in the modules table for profile (check with eg phpmyadmin)? Standard should this be 3. Did you uninstall the profile module and reinstall it in the past?

Yes I can see

120 in PHPMyAdmin modules >>> Profile mid 120

I don't think I have ever uninstalled the Profile module and reinstalled, but I was meesing about with the Match Module. The Match Module has been uninstalled and reinstalled a few times from memory. I thought it may be causing problems, mind you I had no evidence it was, but it was installed after profile module.

Now the Match Module is uninstalled and has been for a few days now.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits