Marco
Re: 2.3.1 - Administrator username changed to Administra
  • 2008/10/19 15:18

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

but in this case you can enter more characters than the maxlength, but is being truncated, and that is not proper operation.

sorry, but here at registration,that's not the case !!
)
i can not enter more than 10, so the word is sticked to the 10th word, it's in a way a truncation
where do you see this behavior precisely?

NB "please go read HTML handbook." there is no need to flame. if you have personal problems, it's not up to us to fix them. so calm down.thx
Do synergy or die.

yeppers
  • 2008/10/19 15:36

• yeppers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/15

if that's what you call a flame, you need to read a dictionary.

so lets put this into perspective shall we.

1. GPBoarder created an account with the name "Administrator".
2. he was able to login using the name "Administrator" because that is what his username was.
3. he edited his profile, but he did NOT change his username or want to change his username.
4. he submitted his changed birthdate in his profile, but he did not change or want to change his username.
5. he logged out.
6. he tried to login again with his username of "Administrator" as he had done so many times before.
7. He was unable to login.
8. he discovered that his username had been changed to "Administra".
9. he now has to login with the username "Administra" instead of his usual "Administrator" name.

now tell me that there is not a bug, why was his username changed when he didn't even attempt to change his username, only the birthdate field should have been changed.

please tell me that that is not a bug, and from what you are saying it is proper behaviour? because in my eyes that is totally wrong.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/19 15:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Calm down indeed

Could it be that the user has inadvertently set the max characters allowed to 10 having previously allowed something longer? Would this cause the truncation?

Not something I'm willing to try on my own site just to inform this particular debate

If anyone wants to borrow my HTML or PHP manuals they are welcome to. They've been sat unused on my shelf for far too long

yeppers
  • 2008/10/19 15:40

• yeppers

• Just popping in

but javesey, he didn't even change his username, he only changed his birthdate, but his username was changed also, and that is not correct operation. the only field that should have been changed was the birthdate.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/19 15:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
yeppers wrote:

if that's what you call a flame, you need to read a dictionary.

Now that's a flame......

Please read this.

Keep your posts civil please. This is a good discussion which is being spoilt by your childish asides. Please re-read what you intend to post in case it could be read in a way other than intended. Sometimes it may be that indended humour doesn't translate too well onto a Forum/Messageboard.

Many thanks.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/19 15:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

Note my use of the word "inadvertently".

If there was a character limit of 10 before the changes then how come "Administrator" was allowed?

Of course, it may also be a bug. How about you giving Marco and the other Devs a chance to look into it more fully (which knowing Marco's efforts so far he probably will)?

yeppers
  • 2008/10/19 15:52

• yeppers

• Just popping in

Quote:

Now that's a flame......

correct! but my previous wasn't. i'm glad someone here knows the difference between a flame and sarcasm.

back on topic, there is obviously something wrong somewhere which is not user error, and that was my whole point.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/19 15:56

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

yeppers wrote:
Quote:

Now that's a flame......

correct! but my previous wasn't. i'm glad someone here knows the difference between a flame and sarcasm.

back on topic, there is obviously something wrong somewhere which is not user error, and that was my whole point.

In amongst the chaff, your point has been made and I'm sure it will be looked into.

Please remember, too, that for many folks on here, the subtlties of the English language may be hard to recognise, English not being their native language. Americans, for example (<-- note the emoticon intended to convey humour (humor))

yeppers
  • 2008/10/19 16:01

• yeppers

• Just popping in

ok i concede ;)

i realise americans don't have a sense of humour. otherwise Mcain would be president by now

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/19 16:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
yeppers wrote:

i realise americans don't have a sense of humour. otherwise Mcain would be president by now

Nah.... must have a sense of humour to have elected Gee Dubyah twice

With apologies to all citizens of the USA. No offence intended

Anyway, probably best that this gets back on topic....

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits